TONS of new Ruger stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came across a guy who had run 18 .44 mag through his Blackhawk .45LC at a range one time. He was new to shooting, got the pistol and ammo from some family that had passed away. He apparently got several pistols and ammo and brought the wrong ammo. He couldn't hit anything and was having a terrible time extracting spent cases from the cylinder. I got there in time to hear the last two rounds fired and they had a different pop to them. He asked if revolver ammo was always that hard to extract and was it common for the cases to split from top to bottom. I said no, and looked to see what he had going on and sure enough, .44 loads in a .45LC.
His guardian angel was working overtime that day...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see cases at our range on occasion that are severely bulged and split. Mostly 9mm mixed in with .40 ammo. I've posted some pics in the past of some of them.
If my reasoning works, the pressure would be less because the case has to expand, and basically just poop the bullet out of the barrel vs the pressure being contained in a tight chamber with the correct pressure?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doug Koenig is now sponsored by Ruger. He says he consulted with them and they actually sent him a couple of guns with his requested changes. Evidently S&W never did that.

Doug was impressed with Ruger’s design staff. He said they have already incorporated upgrades he wanted: “When I talked with Ruger engineers, they asked me what I thought — instead of telling me what they were going to do. So, I told them what I would like to see in a Ruger competition pistol, and it seemed like they were really listening.” In fact, Ruger immediately made upgrades: “A few days after Christmas I got a pair of Ruger pistols with the exact changes I’d talked about already done to them. That is exciting”.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...leaves-smith-wesson-to-be-team-ruger-captain/

This could maybe be possibly a really good thing...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Doug Koenig is now sponsored by Ruger. He says he consulted with them and they actually sent him a couple of guns with his requested changes. Evidently S&W never did that.

This could maybe be possibly a really good thing...

I saw the blurb, but didn't read the whole thing. Ruger with a competition pistol!?!?

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just think...wasn't that long ago and everyone was saying boycott Ruger because Bill Sr. didn't want anyone but police and military to have a "high capacity magazine". Do we all like Ruger now?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:clap3::loser::rollingla:rotflmao:
Ruger always takin my money....Paid plumber yesterday. LOL. I'm a Ruger nut

NP60Bnz.jpg

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just think...wasn't that long ago and everyone was saying boycott Ruger because Bill Sr. didn't want anyone but police and military to have a "high capacity magazine". Do we all like Ruger now?
yep, people have short memories
Bill Ruger doesn't want people having hihg capacity magazines
the President supports AWB and longer waiting periods

not to say a person and/or company cant have evolving political opinions

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep, people have short memories
Bill Ruger doesn't want people having hihg capacity magazines
the President supports AWB and longer waiting periods

Not sure who's the bigger hypocrite then. As they still sell magazines in excess of the "magical" 10 round limit. Particularity for their handguns. It would seem that corporate profits are more important than his standards.

That being said, I can agree that they do make some quality products and I am very happy with the ones I own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom