Traffic Light: Stop on Green Arrow, Go on Red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing simple when it comes to road work. Bill will have to consult with Joe, Joe is on vacation, but when he gets back he will send it to Helen for a work order, then we can put it on the agenda to see if we have available funding this year. Probably have to put it on a priority list for 2025. 2025 Bill retired, Joe got promoted, Helen has moved to a different office and Nancy can't find the old paper work. Meanwhile a Semi came thru knocked the main pole down. We put up Stop signs and now the intersection is working flawlessly. Since it works so well now, we will have to do a new study and redevelop the intersection for future growth and traffic.
It really depends on the municipality, when i had problems like that i just checked my budget and if i had the funds in it i made a call and got it done and if i didnt i filled out the paperwork and walked them to the proper people and explained that it needed to be done and 99.9% of the time i had the funds and approval to get it done

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys should see the west loop of 1604 in San Antonio while pulling a 5th wheel RV. It’s been under construction for years, the exit signs are confusing or nonexistent, the lane painting sucks, the merging lanes are too short or nonexistent, and the traffic is horrible. I will say drivers there seem to be more considerate than here in OK. I suspect most places have their issues with traffic control.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a Red light backing up traffic four blocks and then turning green is going to remedy that? Ok. Whatever you say.
Say what you want, but it cleaned up the traffic noticeably. I travel that route most weekdays between 5 and 6; before they put in the diverging diamond, there was a significant amount of traffic backed up onto the turnpike, and now there’s virtually none.

Hooper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys should see the west loop of 1604 in San Antonio while pulling a 5th wheel RV. It’s been under construction for years, the exit signs are confusing or nonexistent, the lane painting sucks, the merging lanes are too short or nonexistent, and the traffic is horrible. I will say drivers there seem to be more considerate than here in OK. I suspect most places have their issues with traffic control.
I once went around the 410 loop in San Antonio twice looking for a Hampton Inn off 410. I had already been there once and was checked in. I forgot the address and was looking for the big Hampton Inn sign it was after dark. They turned it off because they were full. It was before smart phones.
Everyone was sleeping good when I finally, the second time around laid eyes on it.

San Antonio does usually flow pretty well for the amount of traffic that is has. There is some pretty old road construction areas around there, much like Dallas.
Okc has moments, nothing like DFW. Atlanta is king of traffic delays. It rivals Las Angeles, Oakland area.
Once got into a 3 state backup crossing the north tip of Delaware from New Jersey.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom