Training for my grandmother

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa recently passed and my grandmother would like to take the concealed course, but I suggested she take a general firearms course prior. She lives in Lawton, but can travel up to OKC for training. Has anyone been in the same situation and if so who did you use for training? I could provide some training, but felt it may be best to get her into the hand of some professionals!

She is 72, but can run circles around most folks. She currently has a small lightweight revolver, I believe its a 38 and I have several that she can try out during the training to see what she is able to manage properly.

I had looked into private lessons at H&H, but didn't know of anyone that has taken classes there.

Any and all input is appreciated.....

Thanks

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry, can't remember the instructor at h&h, but he was or is a member here. That is the direction I would recommend.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on her current level of general gun knowledge and firearms handling proficiency, you might have her seek out the NRA Basic Firearms Safety and/or Basic Pistol Course near her first. They can go a long way in priming the pump on the fundamentals and very basic knowledge. Just a thought.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you!

I see they also have a womens only course that is taught in Ponca City. My aunt, her daughter lives there. The womens only NRA course would be a great option

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you!

I see they also have a womens only course that is taught in Ponca City. My aunt, her daughter lives there. The womens only NRA course would be a great option

Yes. Our range is sponsoring a Women on Target program. They get to shoot rimfire pistols, 9mm, 45acp, match grade .22 rifle, AR-15, skip to the 20 gauge shotguns on thrown clays, and for a grand finale, get to touch off one round from a Barrette .50 cal.
I'll be instructing on the .22 rimfire pistol portion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom