Had my latest approved, but it took some work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I had my recent suppressor approve, eform4. This one took the longest by far at 310 days. After some reading some and taking the advise from a guy on another forum , I called the atf. After 45 minutes on hold I was able to talk to someone and they were actually helpful. She told me that my status was "delayed" per the fbi on my nics. Well that was a new one on me. She advised I contact them and question it and that she has saw this many times the last 3 months. So I found an email address for the fbi liason and gave it a shot. Relieved a generic email , as I had read would happen. 2 days later, approved....... so if it has been past the day total they have listed, it wouldn't hurt to do some calling and emailing. It has worked for a lot of us.

I feel like it's ridiculous they added hoop just to delay the process even more.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this doesn't bode well. I am hoping to get mine before Christmas, but I know to just keep waiting.

I am just now in the process and should get my fingerprint kit tomorrow from Silencer Central.

Chance S

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So I had my recent suppressor approve, eform4. This one took the longest by far at 310 days. After some reading some and taking the advise from a guy on another forum , I called the atf. After 45 minutes on hold I was able to talk to someone and they were actually helpful. She told me that my status was "delayed" per the fbi on my nics. Well that was a new one on me. She advised I contact them and question it and that she has saw this many times the last 3 months. So I found an email address for the fbi liason and gave it a shot. Relieved a generic email , as I had read would happen. 2 days later, approved....... so if it has been past the day total they have listed, it wouldn't hurt to do some calling and emailing. It has worked for a lot of us.

I feel like it's ridiculous they added hoop just to delay the process even more.
Was yours filed as individual or trust?

I have a couple out that I'm hoping to get approved in a couple months.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Do you still have the phone number that you called? thank you,

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What phone number did you call? And how did you get the correct email for the FBI liason?

Latest posts

Top Bottom