Luck With Contacting ATF Through OK Politicians?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James__Hamilton

Marksman
Reaction score
I currently have a pending eForm 1 Application and a pending eForm 4 application submitted to the ATF on 06JUL2023 and 08AUG2023 respectively and both under trusts. While I understand I will not likely hear anything on my Form 4 before Easter, my Form 1 SBR application has been pending for 182 days now (quickly approaching 3x the expected wait time of 68 days posted on the ATF's website).

I have contacted the ATF twice in the last 60 days to inquire about the delay and am never given any meaningful information beyond the fact that it is 'In Progress'. In mid-December, I reached out to every Oklahoma senator and the representatives for my district on both the state and federal levels regarding submitting inquiries into the delay and, to date, only two have responded to me:

Kevin Hearn's office sent me an additional form to fill out and when I returned it they called me and let me know that they were submitting an inquiry that day.

James Lankford's office sent me an automated message directing me to the same form to be filled out and submitted on their website with no other communication once it was submitted.

Has anyone else had any luck in getting a real update on a delayed eForms submission to the ATF through Oklahoma politicians or otherwise? The length of time without approval/rejection and only 2 of 6 politicians even acknowledging the communications I submitted is a little irritating for something that is supposed to be directly connected to one of my Constitutional rights.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reached out on my last form4, got the release form from Frank Lucas but no one else. I was over a year on my wait and after submitting the release to Frank Lucas’ office I got approved the following week. Never got anything from Lucas’ office after sending the release form. So not sure if reaching out to him actually helped or if it was just coincidence that I was approved a week later.

James__Hamilton

Marksman
Reaction score
Can you recruit the assistance of the dealer for your Form 4? Maybe the actual manufacturer of the suppressor can offer some guidance.
Is it possible to cancel the Form 1 and start over? I submitted a paper Form 1 trust application in August and was approved in October.
I am really not worried about the Form 4, at least right now. Only a little over 150 days into an expected wait time of 270ish days.

I submitted the Form 1 through SuppressorShop, I guess maybe my next step is to contact them about restarting the process; I just need to see if I can do that without having to spend an additional $200 on a tax stamp because I canceled the pending form instead of the ATF canceling it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you submit form 1's personally. If submitted through somebody it's probably sitting in limbo. If for a sbr it was probably approved or rejected by an email long ago. Log into your ATF account you created and check the message folder.

James__Hamilton

Marksman
Reaction score
you submit form 1's personally. If submitted through somebody it's probably sitting in limbo. If for a sbr it was probably approved or rejected by an email long ago. Log into your ATF account you created and check the message folder.
Yes, I submitted it personally, but I paid for the tax stamp through SS and had them create the document because it also involves submission as a trust and I wanted to make sure that I did not mess up the paperwork.

I log in and check the status on the ATF's eForms website periodically and as of this morning, it is still sitting in 'Submitted/In Process' and I have also contacted the ATF directly twice and been told it is still 'In Process'.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My representative is Frank Lucas. His office has contacted the ATF for me 3 times the last year. I heard back from them with an ATF response within 48 hours on each occasion. Additionally, my pendings I had them check on became aporovals within a few days. All were Form 1's.

James__Hamilton

Marksman
Reaction score
My representative is Frank Lucas. His office has contacted the ATF for me 3 times the last year. I heard back from them with an ATF response within 48 hours on each occasion. Additionally, my pendings I had them check on became aporovals within a few days. All were Form 1's.
Well here's to hoping that the delay in mine getting the same response was just the fact that I asked just before Christmas.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This leads me to believe that his office did have something to do with my approval coming back the week after I got them involved. I submitted under trust with just my wife and I on it and took them over a year to process my last form 4. Finally contacted my rep which was Lucas at the time and when I called a week later it had been approved.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No luck from Lankford on my end. I was contacted from his office After an inquiry, but bring happened after I sent the release. I called the atf, then emailed the fbi and was approved 2 days later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom