Truck broken into and guns stolen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured I'd post this up to help an archerytalk.com member out. He just moved to OKC and his truck was broken into and they got off with a few guns. I'll do my best to help anyone who is a victim of theft, can't stand it!

Here is his actual post over there...if any of you guys are out shopping, keep an eye out at the pawn shops.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1574896

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I will be the one to say it.......it is completely ignorant to leave your firearms in you vehicle overnight. Every time I take a report from someone who has left them in their car, I want to smack them. Do people not think what could happen if a firearm gets into the wrong hands. Now you just gave a FELON a weapon......grrrrr. Sorry to rant, but that just really pisses me off and is completely irresponsible. Breaking into someones car is a 2nd degree burglary which is a felony.

Last year we had some punks breaking into cars here in town. Two handguns came up missing from two different people. Long story short, after a few hours, we tracked the suspects down. When officer's entered this 17 year olds room, he reached his hands under his pillow. Two officers were able to jump on him and get cuffs on him. He had a loaded .357 that he was reaching for. He took the pistol from someone who left it in their car and the car unlocked.

Now guns taken from a home is a different story.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just sent a message to the administrators asking them if they could add a "stolen guns" tab where members could list guns stolen from them. That way we could help each other find stolen guns and protect ourselves from buying stolen guns........

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I will be the one to say it.......it is completely ignorant to leave your firearms in you vehicle overnight. Every time I take a report from someone who has left them in their car, I want to smack them. Do people not think what could happen if a firearm gets into the wrong hands. Now you just gave a FELON a weapon......grrrrr. Sorry to rant, but that just really pisses me off and is completely irresponsible. Breaking into someones car is a 2nd degree burglary which is a felony.

Last year we had some punks breaking into cars here in town. Two handguns came up missing from two different people. Long story short, after a few hours, we tracked the suspects down. When officer's entered this 17 year olds room, he reached his hands under his pillow. Two officers were able to jump on him and get cuffs on him. He had a loaded .357 that he was reaching for. He took the pistol from someone who left it in their car and the car unlocked.

Now guns taken from a home is a different story.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, simply curious....what's the difference between your truck and your house? Both have windows that can be broken. What's the diffence between leaving a gun on the night stand or under the truck seat. For sake of discussion, assume that neither my wife or me is at the house at time of break in. You say "gave" them a gun, and I say they "stole" a gun. Just my $.02.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to pick a fight, simply curious....what's the difference between your truck and your house? Both have windows that can be broken. What's the diffence between leaving a gun on the night stand or under the truck seat. For sake of discussion, assume that neither my wife or me is at the house at time of break in. You say "gave" them a gun, and I say they "stole" a gun. Just my $.02.

Agreed!

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cars are easy targets. Takes two seconds to smash a window, reach into a glovebox/center console and find something valuable and dissapear. Much harder to jump in a house and get out in the same amount of time, especially locating valuables. Think about how long it would take you to break into your house, run to your closet (Or where ever you keep your guns) and get back out. And you know where they are!

Latest posts

Top Bottom