Tuckable holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
besides Luper leather, do ya'll know of anywhere that would have or be able to make a tuckable iwb holster for a s&w CS40? not a common pistol so not many places will have them and luper wants a little more than i want to give...

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you checked with Crossbreed? I love mine. If they make a Supertuck for your model, I would highly recommend it. They are great.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marty from crossbreed replied to my email and said the Smith & Wesson CS40 would fit a holster for a Smith & Wesson 5906 for anyone who may need this info...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm... CS40 meaning chiefs special 40??

I don't think the hoslters would work for each other. The 5906 is a double stack pistol with a ~4" barrel, where the CS semi autos are a single stack with a ~3" barrel. If you were looking at a OWB holster for a 5906 that was like the Don Hume JIT that is an exposed muzzle design, it might work, but the frame difference would probably mean the CS40 would be loose. In an IWB holster for the 5906, there will be a considerable amount of holster left unused, which would make much of the benefit of carrying such a small gun moot.

If you can't find someone that makes (or will make) something specifically for the S&W CS autos, then I would look for something made for the 3913 as a much closer match in sizes.

I don't know what Looper charges for custom leather like this, but high quality leather is expensive in the first place, and if you are buying for an uncommon gun, then you are looking at custom leather, which is expensive.

After looking at the holster fit codes on the Don Hume website, it looks like holsters for the 3913 are probably the closest. You might also see if you can find someone with a Kahr K9 or MK9 to try, just a thought. Be interesting to know how that would work.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info, thanks. I know leather is high and I'm not saying loopers pricing is out of line, and I know their product are of great quality, just seeing if I can save any cash and avoid the wait that is normally required there...

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check out www.highnoonholsters.com for something. They have some items in stock so no wait. I ordered a split decision tuckable for my PX4 to wear before my VMII came in. I never really used it tucked since the PX4 is a pretty thick, but it is a decent quality holster. They are not custom fitted, just have different sizes for double stack medium semi-auto, single stack semi's, etc.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In an IWB holster for the 5906, there will be a considerable amount of holster left unused, which would make much of the benefit of carrying such a small gun moot.

Remember, even though the Crossbreed is an IWB it is made for most guns to stick out of the end of the kydex. In other words all of the Glock holsters are made the same. The full size models just stick out more and the G26 size models

FYI

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, but that still leaves the frame difference between the double stack 5906 and the single stack CS40.

Putting the single stack in the double stack holster would *work* but be less than ideal.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check out www.highnoonholsters.com for something. They have some items in stock so no wait. I ordered a split decision tuckable for my PX4 to wear before my VMII came in. I never really used it tucked since the PX4 is a pretty thick, but it is a decent quality holster. They are not custom fitted, just have different sizes for double stack medium semi-auto, single stack semi's, etc.

Good call on the Split Decision, looks good from the website and they have a CSA9/40/45 listed for available fit(I'm assuming CSA stands for Chiefs Special Automatic or something similar)