Which one holster for all my situations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the better part of the last 13 years I focused most of my energy learning and developing my skills for the long range hunting situations. Although I have neglected keeping current on the latest holster trends.
I’m not new to hand gun shooting by any stretch, having shot IPSC years ago, but I am ignorant to all the different and comfortable types of holsters out there today.

This is what I have and what I’m looking for.

Hand gun: Glock G20 gen5 MOS (w/red dot)

Carry type scenario: Hunting here in OK, trail hiking in National Parks, occasional urban carry (I have other hand guns for this)

What I think I need. A holster that is both IWB and OWB, leather, comfortable wearing between basically 2 and 4, and doesn’t break the bank.

What do y’all who have gone through many iterations of holsters recommend for the above type uses?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think no matter what holster you pick, or how much moolah you wanna spend, the Glock 20 with RDS will NEVER be comfortable IWB. That's a BIG pistol and the added weight/bulk of the RDS doesn't help.

But, as always...YMMV. Good luck! :thumb:

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there ever a backpack with a waist belt or strap involved? As stated above that is not only big but HUGE and heavy. I would look for a modular chest or pack attachment that will distribute weight if a backpack with waist strap is involved. Remember the extra mag(s). I carry my 20 only in the field in a Safariland ALS. I've gone with leather but have found the plastic holders are more forgiving of getting wet. I carry a backpack but no waist strap. If I am going over night anymore there is an RV with heat and air involved.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the size and weight issues of the G20. I’m concerned with quick ease access and conceal ability at national parks. I don’t think a bag, pack or chest rig (unless wearing a jacket over it) will work given those demands.

Also, weight is all relative. I carried a 19 pound rifle, both deer and Antelope hunting for the past 13 years.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think no matter what holster you pick, or how much moolah you wanna spend, the Glock 20 with RDS will NEVER be comfortable IWB. That's a BIG pistol and the added weight/bulk of the RDS doesn't help.

But, as always...YMMV. Good luck! :thumb:
Yes, you’re probably right, but I’ve got to conceal it somehow while in National Parks. Maybe the chest bag I carried in Normandy while on vacation. It has a hidden compartment specifically for a handgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom