More rounds vs higher caliber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only hits count, and you can't miss fast enough to be effective/score well.

Carry the one you shoot better. If you shoot both equally well, carry the one you like better. Bonus points if you think it's pretty.

Or you could be like me, do it "wrong" and switch carry guns on the reg. I'm the guy who carries a striker fired one day and a single action only with thumb safety the next. And I'm not morally opposed to carrying a DA/SA hammer gun either. Depends on the situation/how important (or not) absolute concealment is/what I feel like that day.

Just make sure you're carrying something, and you'll be fine.
Thats okay. Some people are actually skilled enough to shoot any handgun even under stress. If I had more money, Id be rotating between a Glock 47, Glock 19, and a 2011!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh
More rounds is the key. Aiming and marksmanship...pffft! Silliness. It's been said over and over here to just point and shoot and blast away in the general direction of the threat. Just like nerds at a frat party, you'll hit it someday. Blind Squirrel Technique

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I struggle with wanting more rounds vs bigger caliber, and how easy to carry a gun is. main thing is carrying a gun you are accurate with. I would prefer something the size of a commander length 1911 in 10mm would be about perfect for me.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh
More rounds is the key. Aiming and marksmanship...pffft! Silliness. It's been said over and over here to just point and shoot and blast away in the general direction of the threat. Just like nerds at a frat party, you'll hit it someday. Blind Squirrel Technique
I knew I was doing it correctly

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since basically every handgun round wounds primarily through ice-picking holes in the target, I want whatever round lets me put the most holes in the target the easiest. assuming that the round has sufficient penetration.

If I believed some fuddlore about hydrostatic shock or “stopping powah” then I’d carry the biggest cartridge I could.
But I don’t, so I’m trying to figure out how to conceal carry a MAC-11 in .380.

Latest posts

Top Bottom