Tumblers: Lyman vs Frankford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After some reading about lead exposure, I’d be cautious about running the Lyman with the ventilated top in an area that doesn’t have good ventilation.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for science I just sacrificed a little funnel. I had it running with less media before I took the video it changes the action for sure. This gets the brass moving more in a quicker action towards the inside and outside. Where the other way it seems like it just moves in a counter clockwise motion and slowly makes its way in and out.
'

Here is one with less media.

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So that brass that was in there was already tumbled for 4 or 5 hours last night. Just for grins I ran it another couple hours with the funnel installed. I didn't notice it being any cleaner on the inside of the cases. The outside I compared to some stuff that was tumbled a week or two ago. Again didn't notice a big difference. I will have to see if I have some range brass to try with and without the funnel for equal times to see if there is any difference. I did notice the funnel is pretty dirty looking now.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So for science I just sacrificed a little funnel. I had it running with less media before I took the video it changes the action for sure. This gets the brass moving more in a quicker action towards the inside and outside. Where the other way it seems like it just moves in a counter clockwise motion and slowing makes its way in and out.
'

Here is one with less media.

Oh, yeah, that definitely changes the action. Excuse me while I go find a funnel I can sacrifice ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom