Turning 21 soon and looking into purchasing a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the same predicament when i turned 21 last winter (except the small hands situation). The guys recommending a full/medium size pistol know what they are talking about. If I would have bought a pocket pistol for my first handgun (and had been stuck with it for awhile) I dont think I would have liked shooting so much. The wait period is so long to receive your license that it wouldnt be all that hard to buy a full size for your birthday and then a pocket pistol when your license comes in as well. You cant imagine the gun buying fever that you are going to get, so buying a full size and a pocket pistol would work out for you lol.

Lastly shop around A LOT. I went to a gun show determined to walk out with my first gun, if I hadnt been so in the moment I could have saved $50~ easily if I would have checked online or here on OSA. I have stalked OSA for months to get a good deal on a pistol and it pays off in the end. Whatever you do make sure not to rush the the process of shopping around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom