TV Commercials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss the days of hottie drug reps giving out free schwag. Everything in the hospital from the pens to the clocks to the clipboards had a drug name on it. At one point I had a Prozac Swiss army knife.
agree. they would visit the pharmacies besides the doctors.....and yes....most were HOT. I kept quite a bit of free promo stuff with their logo, etc

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agree. they would visit the pharmacies besides the doctors.....and yes....most were HOT. I kept quite a bit of free promo stuff with their logo, etc
They went everywhere. I remember facilities guys with drug branded screwdrivers.

Apparently it was a job that being a cheerleader in college highly qualified you for.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They went everywhere. I remember facilities guys with drug branded screwdrivers.

Apparently it was a job that being a cheerleader in college highly qualified you for.
Lol- my cousin was one of those reps.

Why make advertising for scripts illegal?

I’d go with the “less government “ solution, and eliminate laws requiring pharmacists. Folks could medicate themselves, or go to a professional.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why make advertising for scripts illegal?
For much the same reason, tho legal, you probably shouldn’t represent yourself in a court of law. Making medication decisions based on advertising to the end user that doesn’t really have the full story or experience to weigh the facts

Pharmacy has changed a lot but it’s still a good deal to have another eye/brain involved in checking what your or multiple doctors are giving you.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For much the same reason, tho legal, you probably shouldn’t represent yourself in a court of law. Making medication decisions based on advertising to the end user that doesn’t really have the full story or experience to weigh the facts

Pharmacy has changed a lot but it’s still a good deal to have another eye/brain involved in checking what your or multiple doctors are giving you.
I never said it was a good idea, but if a fellow wants to go that route, who should have the authority to stop him? And why? Freedom is freedom to make bad choices, we need to eliminate the “government keeps us safe” mentality.

That said, advertising works. Doesn’t everyone want a Bad Boy Mower?

Latest posts

Top Bottom