Two new places posted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday morning while I was out running my errands i stopped by VVEC's collinsille main office to pay my electric bill. On both the doors there are large NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON PREMISES stickers now that wernt there as of october. You cant very much boycott your electric company.

Also, Easy pawn and jewelry in claremore has a "no open or concealed carry by our customers" paper sign up.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday morning while I was out running my errands i stopped by VVEC's collinsille main office to pay my electric bill. On both the doors there are large NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON PREMISES stickers now that wernt there as of october. You cant very much boycott your electric company.

Just another for the "How Much VVEC Sucks Donkey Balls" file, right there next to the info on how long it takes them to get service restored.

glocks and roses

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks that business's in Oklahoma are starting to panic over open carry. One good thing that the state of kansas did, was, if a business wants to post "no guns" signs, they have to be the exact one that the state of kansas has approved. Anything just thrown up on a piece of paper or bought somewhere is non binding and isn't enforceable

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks that business's in Oklahoma are starting to panic over open carry. One good thing that the state of kansas did, was, if a business wants to post "no guns" signs, they have to be the exact one that the state of kansas has approved. Anything just thrown up on a piece of paper or bought somewhere is non binding and isn't enforceable

We don't want anything like that in Oklahoma. None of the signs are "enforceable" now. They're just expressions of the wishes of the owner that no one enters with a firearm. We don't want any signs which would turn an otherwise "legal" area into a "prohibited" area. That's what they have in Texas. In Oklahoma, however, if you violate such a sign, you're not violating the Oklahoma SDA (which is the law governing concealed carry in Oklahoma.) so you're not breaking any laws, per se. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I do hate the signs, though, still.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
right now you can only gets charged with trespassing if you refuse to leave when asked. We dont need anything like Kansas or Texas has. I do find it funny that for years around here its been "concealed is concealed" in regards to stores that were posted now its "look what those damn open carry guys have caused"

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't want anything like that in Oklahoma. None of the signs are "enforceable" now. They're just expressions of the wishes of the owner that no one enters with a firearm. We don't want any signs which would turn an otherwise "legal" area into a "prohibited" area. That's what they have in Texas. In Oklahoma, however, if you violate such a sign, you're not violating the Oklahoma SDA (which is the law governing concealed carry in Oklahoma.) so you're not breaking any laws, per se. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I do hate the signs, though, still.

The law involved is only trespassing, which is a fine. It is, however, still a law.
The SDA makes NO changes to the owner's existing right to control his private property, including the carrying of firearms, no shirts, no shoes, no pets other than guide dogs, no hunting, or whatever his/her concern might be.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law involved is only trespassing, which is a fine. It is, however, still a law.
The SDA makes NO changes to the owner's existing right to control his private property, including the carrying of firearms, no shirts, no shoes, no pets other than guide dogs, no hunting, or whatever his/her concern might be.

If you are asked to leave and do so, then you can't really be prosecuted for anything. But, if you are found to be carrying in a PROHIBITED area, such as a government office or a bar, then you have violated the SDA and are subject to possible prosecution with all it's benefits, such as losing your CCW. Right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom