Two new places posted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are asked to leave and do so, then you can't really be prosecuted for anything. But, if you are found to be carrying in a PROHIBITED area, such as a government office or a bar, then you have violated the SDA and are subject to possible prosecution with all it's benefits, such as losing your CCW. Right?

Show me the law that says you have to be asked to leave first. I hear this all over the place and it simply is not true. Most places will simply ask you to leave, but they don't have to. The state does not have preemption on trespass laws so they can vary from municipality to municipality. In most places, trespass is simply being someplace against the owners permission. If the owner has posted, and you enter while carrying, you no longer have the owners permission to be there.

Like I said, most places will ask you to leave because they don't want to put up with the hassle but they are not required to. So please, show me where it is written that they are required to ask you to leave before you can be charged with trespass. Being asked to leave and not is only one definition.

Here is Edmond City Code for trespass (Linky):
Edmond City Code 8.36.020 said:
8.36.020 - Specific trespasses enumerated.
Any of the following acts by any person, firm, or corporation shall be deemed a violation of Section 8.36.010 of the Edmond Municipal Code:
(a)An entry upon the premises, or any part thereof, of another in violation of a notice exhibited thereon prohibiting entry at specified times; or
(b)An entry upon the premises, or any part thereof, of another in violation of any notice, warning or protest given orally or in writing by any owner or occupant thereof; or
(c)An entry upon any public property, including parks or parking areas, in violation of a notice exhibited thereat prohibiting entry at specified times; or
(d)An entry upon any public property in violation of any notice, warning or protest given orally or in writing by a City official; or
(e)If on the property of another, or upon public property, lawfully, a failure or refusal to depart in case of being requested to so depart orally or written, by any owner or occupant, or by a City official; or
(f)An entry upon any portion of a public park, during regular hours, where such entry is specifically prohibited or where the entry involves the use of any vehicle, equipment or device where such use is specifically prohibited, or where the entry otherwise involves acts or conduct which is specifically prohibited.

Item B above seems to cover carrying past a posted notice by the property owner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom