U S Army Generals to receive new M18 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure on how these pistols are issued -- This article spells out the details on the new U.S. Army General Officers Pistol !!!!!

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/08/exclusive-the-story-on-sig-sauers-m18-general-officer-pistols
Interesting story.
I have a semi auto German made Bergman Einhand pistol built in the 1920's in 25acp. Interesting in that it was developed for soldiers that had returned from WWI with a missing hand or arm. The action could be cycled to load a round with one hand using a special trigger guard. #Drury shot it at an EAS.
It kind of works into your story because after posting pics of it on OSA years ago, a German National contacted me about it after an internet search looking for that pistol.
His grandfather was a General during WWII. Captured by the Russians and sent to a POW camp in Siberia never to return home.
His dad and himself were using his old relics to create a memorial. According to him German General officers were issued the pistol to be kept in a pocket in their headgear to be used as a last defense or as a tool to commit suicide. He wanted to buy it but I declined, not knowing how to transfer a gun internationally.
It wasn't a special model like your post describes. Almost 30,000 were produced back in its day available to the public.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting story.
I have a semi auto German made Bergman Einhand pistol built in the 1920's in 25acp. Interesting in that it was developed for soldiers that had returned from WWI with a missing hand or arm. The action could be cycled to load a round with one hand using a special trigger guard. #Drury shot it at an EAS.
It kind of works into your story because after posting pics of it on OSA years ago, a German National contacted me about it after an internet search looking for that pistol.
His grandfather was a General during WWII. Captured by the Russians and sent to a POW camp in Siberia never to return home.
His dad and himself were using his old relics to create a memorial. According to him German General officers were issued the pistol to be kept in a pocket in their headgear to be used as a last defense or as a tool to commit suicide. He wanted to buy it but I declined, not knowing how to transfer a gun internationally.
It wasn't a special model like your post describes. Almost 30,000 were produced back in its day available to the public.

Excellent story !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom