U.S.D.A. Choice . . . . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you wish there was Scratch-N-Sniff internet! 2 USDA Choice Ribeyes and 1 USDA Choice Filet(just for kicks).

[Broken External Image]

Stay tuned for the play by play on these three beautiful steaks. We have the potatoes that will hit the oven around 2-3. Greenbeans or corn will be started shortly after the steaks hit the grill.

Until then they steaks are already seasoned up and sitting in the fridge waiting for the fire.

Don't worry I have the camera in the kitchen ready to go for updates as things develop.

:ou1:ou1:ou1:ou1

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't cook these over charcoal. I run a gas grill for steaks and burgers. Don't have the room for another grill at the moment. Funny thing is I ran out of propane during the preheat. Had an extra on standby. I get nearly 8 months of use out of one tank. One reason I love this grill. I can grill all summer long and hardly use any gas.

Got the fire going again and back up to temp. Threw the steaks on the grill and let them sit. some turns and basting with butter later I had 3 perfect steaks. Pics to follow once the boy is in bed.

They were good.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dustin: probably isn't the first, won't be the last.

So here are the pics. Not the best looking finished product but they sure tasted good. The ribeyes are stacked on top of each other and the filet is at the top of the pan. I told them to give me their smallest filet. I considered it a "treat". A teaser if you so choose.

[Broken External Image]

I call this one No Room in the Inn, err a, on the plate.
[Broken External Image]
We decided at the last minute to go to Bass Pro before dinner. Got back right at 6. In a rush to get everything on the plate and feed the screaming boy(he gets cranky just like his mother when he is hungry) we forgot to throw on the greenbeans. I remembered when the steaks came inside. My wife remembered soon there after. It was a joint decision to not fix them. Besides, where would they go. I would have needed a second plate or bowl. That and we still have some birthday cake left over. Mmmmmm CAKE.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been usin Cosseys for some years now. Other than raisin the cow yourself, you can get much better in my opinion. I like their Prime Rib Eyes. Ton of marbling and oh so juicy!

They are also nice enough that if you ever want to make beef jerky and have become too lazy to use your own meat slicer, you can just buy a roast and have them carve it up for a very very minimal charge.

God I love that place.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I salivate over their Prime selection every time I'm in there. Just can't force myself to upgrade. One of these days I'll walk in and get some of their Prime meats. I'll just have to be sure my son is either gone or old enough to watch himself. I hate distraction when I'm grilling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom