Under 21 Non-Resident Concealed Carry in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Slider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I read and the more I see it is 18. I can't find anything in my notes that tells me why I put 21. If I had written that down I won't be looking at this as I would have it right in front of me. But did find this which I had never seen before from the OK AG; http://www.oag.state.ok.us/oagweb.nsf/srch/084EDA69B3D06414862572B4007033AA?OpenDocument

Question:
Is my out-of-state concealed weapon permit valid when I travel through Oklahoma?
Answer:21 O.S. § 1290.26 provides the following: The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.

Everywhere it says Any valid Permit. The only place it states 21 is to apply. In the Permitless Carry law it doesn't state an age either. Just states again you have to be 21 to apply for an OK Permit/License. Still searching but if I don't hear back from OSBI by Friday I am going to change it to 18. I can't see where I got 21 from and can't find anything that states "21."

Again the only thing that has me wondering is "Why I put 21 to begin with." I had to have a reason. But from everything I have seen in my research says it is 18. I had to have made an error somewhere. So Again if I don't hear anything from OSBI Friday it will be changed. That is my next update date. Thank you gentlemen. I am glad you brought this to my attention. Much Appreciated.

Gary Slider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know where I got the 21 to carry in OK. SD Sec Of State. Yes the SoS puts out the info for SD. Look at their listing. It is nice when you can view the actual agreements and not all states show their agreements.
http://sdsos.gov/content/viewconten...pg=/adminservices/concealedpistolpermits.shtm

They had OK listed with the * as needing to be 21. They don't have that * out from OK anymore. They could have removed it a long time ago. After I found that I got my old brain working and I think. Yes "I think" there was another state that Honored OK and OK honored them stating the same thing. This was a few years back. Getting old and what I think happened last year was 3 years ago and what I think happened 2 years ago was really 5 years. I found the note on the SD page about the 21 for OK. That is why I was having problems finding anything in my notes about OK. It was not in my OK notes.

Friday OK page will be updated to show 18. I knew there had to be a reason I put that down as 21.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So your saying an 18 year old can apply in another state for CWL, and its honored in OK?
Not saying your wrong, but it wont take them long to correct that..... ;)
Check with local PD, DA, not that they know more ,just to have a heads up on what they Think the Law is....Good Luck

connorkeef

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. As hard as it is to believe, the law states that any permit is valid as long as its valid in the state it was issued in. It doesn't say that the person would have to be able to eligible for an Oklahoma one or it isn't valid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom