Universal Gun Registry - Oppose It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the latest alert from GOA with link at bottom to easily send an e-mail to your reps.

Will the U.S. Follow Germany's Example?
The country that invented Nazism sets up national gun registry

Something very instructive just happened in Germany.

Germany just implemented "a vast registry that details every legal gun owner in the country, along with information about all of their firearms."

They did this, based on records that, in some cases, "were kept on index cards across what used to be 551 separate local registries."

Thus, with everyone's name already on an index card (read: 4473 forms) in what was effectively a "universal background check," it was a small step to a national gun registry.

Not surprisingly, "gun rights groups" in Germany raised no real opposition. "We are used to it," said one.

Now, in the words of The Washington Post:

If they are preparing a raid on a house, they can scout the address in the database to be better prepared for what weapons might lie within. Before the database, they could only guess at overall numbers, and finding the weapons registered to a certain address had been laborious.

Do we need any better indication of why "universal background checks" are the most insidious aspect of Barack Obama’s gun control?

We know that gun confiscation is the ultimate endgame for many of the gun grabbers on the Left. Consider just a few, recent well-known cases:

* "Confiscation could be an option," declared New York Governor Andrew Cuomo in a radio interview (December 27, 2012).

* "We cannot have big guns out here," said Iowa Rep. Dan Muhlbauer. "Even if you have them, I think we need to start taking them." (Interview with the Iowa Daily Times Herald, December 19, 2012.)

* "No one is allowed to be armed. We're going to take all the guns," said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of the New Orleans police, right before several law-enforcement agencies began confiscating the firearms of lawful gun owners in the wake of Hurricane Katrina (2005).

The task of confiscating guns is much easier when the government has a registration list. And that is the number one reason gun owners should oppose background checks, because they give federal bureaucrats the framework for a national registration system.

If Obama gets his way, we will be much further down road to giving the Andrew Cuomos of the world the registration lists they need.

Some liberal gun-grabbers are trying to paint it as "non-controversial." But this hideous provision requiring every American to get the permission of the government before exercising their Second Amendment rights must be stopped.

ACTION: Click here to contact your Senators and Representative. Insist that they oppose the national background check, which would set the framework for a national gun registry and confiscation.

Coburn's mail system prevents this, so you will need to cut and paste and go to http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/?p=ContactForm

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about these letters is they're long winded and don't really get to the point. They don't actually read these things, at best a staffer glances over it and marks a tally in the Pro/Anti column, so it's better to keep it short and sweet.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about these letters is they're long winded and don't really get to the point. They don't actually read these things, at best a staffer glances over it and marks a tally in the Pro/Anti column, so it's better to keep it short and sweet.

You may correct, sir. Certainly it is solid advice to keep the notes we write to representaives short and concise. But perhaps, if the points are good ones, the staffer will over time read most of them unavoidably because they see it them over and over like an advertisement. Education by osmosis.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can do both!
when I call every week, I just tell them I am opposed to Universal background checks because it is a path to federal registration of firearms, which always leads to confiscation.

I also wrote a long letter to my congressman, 2 senators, NRA, GOA, SAF, and guntalk explaining why I think so.
I think writing a long letter is good because it shows you really care, and if they get 100's of really long letters, they will be more likely to realize we REALLY care.
So it's good to do both, IMHO.
IMHO, its particularly important to wake up the NRA to this danger of universal background checks, GOA has already got it. My fear is NRA may compromise on his, and that would be the beginning of the end.
:)

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, its particularly important to wake up the NRA to this danger of universal background checks, GOA has already got it. My fear is NRA may compromise on his, and that would be the beginning of the end.

Excellent point - I'll do it

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You may correct, sir. Certainly it is solid advice to keep the notes we write to representaives short and concise. But perhaps, if the points are good ones, the staffer will over time read most of them unavoidably because they see it them over and over like an advertisement. Education by osmosis.

I have heard many times that letters like this that are sent in mass numbers are generally considered and treated as spam. Yes, you will get an answer...probably a canned response and the Senator will never come close to looking at your letter. You are much better off writing your own brief personal letter to your Senator. It is not hard and it does not take much time. Their indiviudal websites make it very convienent.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom