Urban Tulsa Weekly: Open Question (article - 5/30)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, the only good thing about this whole "open carry" drama is that if a person accidentally exposes their weapon, they will not get "in trouble." I agree with Rick that it would be foolish to open carry precisely because a "bad guy" might "take you out" or disarm you (and thereby acquire another weapon). I would rather have the element of surprise if I found myself in a bad situation.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean those guys with the uniforms on that went through an academy to teach them how to handle criminals within the legal requirements of their local law enforcement standard, and are paid to do so? Those guys that carry stiffer penalties if attacked? Those guys? Gosh, I dunno.

That's just a few of my initial thoughts, another might be that just because I carry a gun and have adequate training with it, I still don't have any ambition of playing police officer during a crisis.

you didn't answer my question as to why its foolish.
BG walks in to rob store. Sees cop in uniform w/gun. Blasts cop, robs store.
BG walks in to rob store. Sees civilian w/gun. Blasts civilian, robs store.
Whats the difference.
Cop w/ gun - deterrent to robbery
Civilian w/gun - deterrent to robbery
BG sees armed people in store and will just go down steet to store with gunbuster sign and rob it instead.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you didn't answer my question as to why its foolish.
BG walks in to rob store. Sees cop in uniform w/gun. Blasts cop, robs store.
BG walks in to rob store. Sees civilian w/gun. Blasts civilian, robs store.
Whats the difference.
Cop w/ gun - deterrent to robbery
Civilian w/gun - deterrent to robbery
BG sees armed people in store and will just go down steet to store with gunbuster sign and rob it instead.

Must we go down this road...again??? :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom