USA Death Penalty/Life sentence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fish gotta eat, same as worms.

I know it's something I have no power to change but I have seen some disturbing videos of people baking their kids in the mircowave, and various other things that are quite disturbing. I was wandering, what are your thoughts on a different punishment for these haynis crimes?

I was talking to my dad about it on the way to shoot this weekend and personally i say we do away with Life sentences and lethal injection. I think that straping a cannon ball to someones feet and droping them in the ocean would be a better idea.

I know it's not humane but who cares, what they do/did to others wasn't humane or they wouldn't be in that situtation.

Give me some feedback on what you think.
Cya Z

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to my dad about it on the way to shoot this weekend and personally i say we do away with Life sentences and lethal injection. I think that straping a cannon ball to someones feet and droping them in the ocean would be a better idea.

The 8th amendment to the constitution prohibits the use of cruel or unusual punishment. The problem with that is who gets to decide what constitutes cruel and/or unusual. The definition seems to change with the times.

Microwaving to death parents who microwaved their kids, though an appropriate method, would not be condoned under current law.

Who knows though:
If the plague of Political Correctness currently running rampant in the US ever gets stamped out maybe implementing the death penalty in a way appropriate to the crime commited will become acceptable. Then again IMO it is more likely that the sun will flicker out tomorrow than it is that PC will be eradicated.

Just sayin'...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. No way the PC movement is going to die, and eventually the US will probably adopt the same "no death penalty" clauses as the pansies in Europe and the UN.

.22 to the brainstem is quick, easy, cheap and actually fairly painless. 2-3 shots is enough to put down anyone and we move on. 30 days after sentencing, to allow for reasonable appeals, streamline paperwork, move on with life.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. No way the PC movement is going to die, and eventually the US will probably adopt the same "no death penalty" clauses as the pansies in Europe and the UN.

.22 to the brainstem is quick, easy, cheap and actually fairly painless. 2-3 shots is enough to put down anyone and we move on. 30 days after sentencing, to allow for reasonable appeals, streamline paperwork, move on with life.

:rollseyesandshakeshead:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For many years i was a proponent of the death penalty, but lately i've seen too many stories about wrongly convicted people on death row being exonerated for me to support it now. It's too big a price to pay for mistakes/failures of the system.

I agree with my uncle, (who once said Clarence Thomas leaned too left for his taste) that the death penalty isn't a good idea, but we've weakened the other punishments too much.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question we must answer is: Is the death penalty meant as retribution against, or to punish, those who commit the most heinous of crimes (eye for an eye)? Or is simply a way to exterminate those we feel not fit to exist in this Earth (cleansing the gene pool)?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question we must answer is: Is the death penalty meant as retribution against, or to punish, those who commit the most heinous of crimes (eye for an eye)? Or is simply a way to exterminate those we feel not fit to exist in this Earth (cleansing the gene pool)?

If implemented in a timely manner regardless of method the death penalty IMO accomplishes:

1. Permanently removes those who deserve the death penalty from society so that they can cause no more harm
2. Sends a message to evil doers that if you can't fit in you will be removed
3. Provides a level of cloture to those wronged by the evil doer
4. and if you believe in it one could say an eye for an eye etc etc means Justice is done

Latest posts

Top Bottom