Using my prepping skills for Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've decided to make beef jerky and soap to give out for Christmas this year. My question is where is the best place to buy pure Tea Tree oil and lavender oil? Obviously the cheaper the better.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea. But let me know when my soap and jerky are ready.

Seems there should be something funny I could say using the words soap & jerky.....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've looked all around for lavender oil and the best place, by far, has been amazon.com. I figure it'll probably be the same with the tea tree oil. There's Nana"s Patch, or something like that over in the Mid-Del area somewhere but their prices are a bit out there.

Hmmmm ... jerky, huh?? Care to share your recipe? I'm looking for a good one. I need to put that Excalibur to work ...

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, started the jerky today. I bought 10 1/2 pounds of brisket beef and had it sliced around an 1/8th of an inch thick. My marinade is pretty simple.

1 1/2 bottles of liquid hickory smoke
4 cans of japaleno (juice only)
5ish ounces of soy sauce
5 table spoons of garlic powder
Let marinate for 3 days.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, started the jerky today. I bought 10 1/2 pounds of brisket beef and had it sliced around an 1/8th of an inch thick. My marinade is pretty simple.

1 1/2 bottles of liquid hickory smoke
4 cans of japaleno (juice only)
5ish ounces of soy sauce
5 table spoons of garlic powder
Let marinate for 3 days.

Hmmmmm ... thanks ... *runs off to store* GC is gonna be surprised when he comes home from work tomorrow and finds a big ol' bowl of meat in the fridge ...

Rook

Marksman
Reaction score
Try Akin's health foods. I just went by and bought some Rosemary essential oil and beeswax. I know for a fact they have Lavender oil, not sure about tea tree. I made my mom and sisters lip balm and body lotion for Christmas. I think I'll try to make herbal vapor rub for colds next, and then soap. I make my own jerky too. Maybe I'll try your marinade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom