Utah (non-resident) CCW in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, California is now allowing CCW for its residents, for the most part. I am taking the training course this weekend to start the process. I have an interview with the OC Sheriffs office to do the back ground check and interview in Oct but will probably have that interview moved up earlier. The recognized course I am taking is also offering the Utah CCW class right after mine. Utah allows CCW for non residents which is nice. Now, I realize that few if any states many not recognize the CA CCW as I imagine CA will not recognize any other stares CCW license for some stupid reason.

Here's my question. Since I spend quite a few days each year in OK visiting family I want to know if me being a resident of CA with a legitimate CCW Utah, will OK look as my Utah CCW as legitimate? Utah doesn't have "reciprocity" with OK but they do "recognize" the Utah CCW. So, would me, being a CA resident with a Utah CCW be legit to carry in OK? Here is map/info I found that may help explain, etc. thanks for the help.
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked it up on the ccw app and it shows with a Utah non resident permit oklahoma recognizes it. Not sure how much I would trust an app to stay out of jail but it makes me think that the Utah non resident permit is recognized here in oklahoma.

I'm sure someone else will have a more definite answer.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
18. Can I carry in Oklahoma if I have a license from another state?

Oklahoma recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with an Oklahoma permit? I thought everyone liked Okies...well maybe not Texas during football season...

One thing that I like but it seems some state governments don't about an OK permit is that you have a choice to get them either 5 or 10 year increments. Some states are not comfortable with background checks that far spread out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom