Utah (non-resident) CCW in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PA non-resident and OK permit to cover a couple of states that didn't have reciprocity with OK.

That is exactly why I have my application in for the Utah out do state permit. I'm thinking, that even though CA (Orange County Sherrif) has probably one of the more stringent CCW requirements, they may not allow any reciprocity with other states which in turn CA CCW holders will not be allowed to carry in other states. My Utah permit will cover most places I want to visit.

The owner of Firearms Training Associates, Bill Murphy, has the ability to give CCW classes for CA, UT, AZ and FL at the minimum. If I wanted to spend the money I could have gone for all four states.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The owner of Firearms Training Associates, Bill Murphy, has the ability to give CCW classes for CA, UT, AZ and FL at the minimum. If I wanted to spend the money I could have gone for all four states.

Cali CCW are very strict,interviews, back ground checks, more interviews... and you can only carry what you are registered with, 1 weapon IIRC

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cali CCW are very strict,interviews, back ground checks, more interviews... and you can only carry what you are registered with, 1 weapon IIRC

Before the 9th circus court over turned the law it was pretty much impossible due to the "good cause" requirement. To protect myself and family while in public was not considered good cause. You would have to be a politician, diamond dealer, etc, etc but they would make you prove it and be all up your ass to see if what you stated was "good cause". With the new decision it. From what I have gathered, CA is/will still be a "May issue" state but that your "good cause" statement only needs to be for "protection of myself and family" or something similar. Bit yes, the CCW class is 16 hours, background check, you can only register 3 firearms, you register 3 weapons you have to show competence and shoot 350 rounds total out of them ; 200, 75, 75 respectively. Got the class out of the way and have my interview in October. Yes, October but there is a chance it will be mover up in time significantly.

Not sure if it holds true because I haven't read the whole decision but I heard the courts had a problem with the good cause requirement as well as not allowing open carry. It may have come down to the share must allow one form of carry and chose to go with CCW instead of OC. Only what I heard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom