Utah - Through My Eyes - and Camera Lens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, you're supposed to be looking at the bluffs in the background...not the buildings.
Now Terry, don't tell me you didn't get an egg Mcmuffin.
Love your pics. I used to enjoy taking pictures with there was real film. Now, it's just not the same for me with phones even though the pic quality is very good.
You have a good eye. My wife, on the other hand, takes more pictures of the inside of her purse than anything else.
I take a few, but I miss my OMPC.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now Terry, don't tell me you didn't get an egg Mcmuffin.
Love your pics. I used to enjoy taking pictures with there was real film. Now, it's just not the same for me with phones even though the pic quality is very good.
You have a good eye. My wife, on the other hand, takes more pictures of the inside of her purse than anything else.
I take a few, but I miss my OMPC.

Nope. Still haven't been in Macky-D's yet. Unless you were a darkroom freak, you really ought to get some kind of digital and see what you can do with that. There are a bunch of digital SLR's that allow one to do manual settings, but in reality, I never use manual settings. I always tell folks (that see my cameras and say that they are too complicated for them) that I have "very expensive point-and-shoot" cameras.

And, what is/was an OMPC? That one I'm not familiar with, or at least the abbreviation.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Still haven't been in Macky-D's yet. Unless you were a darkroom freak, you really ought to get some kind of digital and see what you can do with that. There are a bunch of digital SLR's that allow one to do manual settings, but in reality, I never use manual settings. I always tell folks (that see my cameras and say that they are too complicated for them) that I have "very expensive point-and-shoot" cameras.

And, what is/was an OMPC? That one I'm not familiar with, or at least the abbreviation.
It's an Olympus 35mm camera should have put it as omPC with a T20 electronic flash. Here's some info on it. Not expensive now but takes great pictures.
Got this picture off ebay with the details but mine is exactly the same with the T20 flash.
Detailed item info

Product Information
The Olympus OMPC is a 35 mm camera body is made for use with interchangeable lenses. When attaching a new lens, the user needs to align the red dots and rotate the lens clockwise until it locks. On the Olympus 35 mm camera, the film is loaded in the back, and a release button opens the back of the 35 mm camera body when pushed. The photographer has the option of using an automatic exposure or manual exposure on the Olympus OMPC. Another feature on this Olympus 35 mm camera body is the self timer. Once the self timer is pushed, the individual has 12 seconds before the shutter will fire and take the photograph. The Olympus 35 mm camera body also has several different flash options in order to take pictures in sunlight, low-lights, indoor light, and night light. The a shutter speed dial B allows the user to take a photo that requires a long exposure.

Product Identifiers
Brand Olympus
Model OMPC Camera Body
MPN OM-40
UPC 741000385390

Key Features
Camera Type SLR
Film Type 35mm
OMPC.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PS:
My camera is in better shape but they all get that fading on the rubber. Mine is immaculate. Although it's not collectable or a camera at the high end, it takes great pictures and for it's time, NICE.
May try to find a source for film and developing. Found a roll of film that I know zero what's on it as well as a roll still in the camera.
I have a box of undeveloped film elsewhere that goes back to the early eighties with no idea what's on them.
Oh well

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice pics! The cell cameras now for posting on forums offer just about as good resolution as an slr.
With our current phones, we have just about given up our manual camera's. Too easy to keep them on the phone and post on forums.

They're getting pretty dang good too. I took this with my iPhone this weekend. I have a fantastic panoramic of the same scene but the forum won't upload it. :(

IMG_4384.JPG

Terry, I really like you posting your pics. Keep them coming!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom