Velvet Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed bucks going MIA for a couple days and showing back up hard horned?

I'd never really paid attention until a couple years ago, but the big 8 that's been a regular crumb hustler hasn't been on any of my cameras for two days and showed up this morning out of velvet.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed bucks going MIA for a couple days and showing back up hard horned?

I'd never really paid attention until a couple years ago, but the big 8 that's been a regular crumb hustler hasn't been on any of my cameras for two days and showed up this morning out of velvet.

You must be running cellular cameras....lol, I have to go out and check mine and when I do I hardly ever pay attention to how many days have passed between pics, I'll try to pay attention next time

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must be running cellular cameras....lol, I have to go out and check mine and when I do I hardly ever pay attention to how many days have passed between pics, I'll try to pay attention next time

I've been using cellular game cams for about 5 years, and I've learned A LOT about deer but gotten really lazy. Honestly, I can't imagine hunting my place up there without having the nearly real time camera "intel".

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You're going to have to camless up there some year just for the surprise factor again. Hard to believe we once went to the stand never even having a clue as to what might walk up. I cams are responsible for letting smaller bucks live another year too, we're waiting on the big ones on cam.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to believe we once went to the stand never even having a clue as to what might walk up. I cams are responsible for letting smaller bucks live another year too, we're waiting on the big ones on cam.

I think you're spot on. I have passed several respectable public land bucks because I knew a bigger one was there and we only get two buck tags a year.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Still furry here, even the dagger buck lol.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_WGI_0721_zpslreftt3s.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_WGI_1175_zpsduksleco.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom