Verizon with iPhones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care how much Verizon charges and how much att will charge me for canceling my contract.

I went to a Verizon store a while back and they told me they would pay I think $150 towards the cancellation of my ATT contract, don't know if that's all the time or what, but it was at the time...

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a rep for verizon's business to business department. He seems to think that Feb. 3 is the day and yes verizon will pay $150 of your termination fee IF YOU PREVIOUSLY HAD AN IPHONE with AT&T. If you had any other device, your paying yourself. I've been jailbreaking iphones from AT&T since they came out and verizon's will be 5 times easier cause they are CDMA. Just a side note.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jailbreaking a phone will be same regardless of CDMA or GSM.
Unlocking is where the trick comes in, and its much easier to work with an unlocked GSM device due to nearly the need to swap sim cards, not reprogram it.

StanN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the comparison between the IPhone and the Droid X? My commercial Verizon rep has told me the the 4G Droids will be here the end of this month and I was just waiting for him to call and say they were in, but now wondering if I should wait on the IPhone. Anybody with any experience between the two, feel free to chime in.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically:

Selling price is same as AT&T $199 for iPhone 4 16G, $299 for iPhone 4 32G

Voice and Data: will follow plans as for any other device: 69.99 for unlimited voice, 29.99 for unlimited data.

Pros over AT&T:
Larger CDMA 3G network (iPhone is NOT LTE capable)
Larger network capacity.
Mobile Hotspot is standard on data (connect up to 5 devices)

Cons about Verizon:
it is CDMA therefore there no simultaneous Data and Voice
No GSM swappable sim cards, go out of the country and you're out of luck.

Neutrality:
iPhone 4 experience is same on both networks, no updates other than switching the antennae to the CDMA networks have been done.
Both require 2 year agreement with outrageous terms and large termination fees.

more to come as press-releases come out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom