Vertx Pants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to be writing up a blog for our site on this, but thought I should share a quick review on these pants here. I am not sure if it has been talked about previously on this board as I just joined recently and am just now getting involved into the social media type of Internet use.

So I have been a 5.11 guy for a while when it comes to pants due to discounts on them for work, however recently I order some Vertx Tactical Pants to give a try. Well after receiving these pants and wearing them for a couple days, these pants have found a place in my heart.

First, just as Vertx advertises, these pants are tactical, however, they are very "low key" compared to just about any other pants in the same category. The material of the pant is a canvas type, however, they are nowhere near as heavy as the original 5.11 pant. They actually feel pretty balanced in weight in terms of comfort while remaining heavy duty for long lasting wear. When worn, the pants offer plenty of room "where it counts most" and are reinforced in the high impact areas of the pants.

The pants utilize jean style rear pockets instead of the slash pocket style of the 5.11 pant, making these pants look more "normal" from behind (I'm sure that was what all you guys were worried about haha). On the legs, the pants utilize a built in/recessed cargo pocket to maintain the low profile look, while still being tactical. Each cargo pocket has another pocket inside that is great for gear iPhones, or if you prefer, AR mags. The internal pockets allow for the operator to choose from countless options of different carry items to carry discreetly. If you are anything like me, this is probably the most important feature as I'm always trying to find pockets to carry flashlights, extra magazines, handcuffs, etc.

Each front pocket is reinforced to allow the operator to carry a knife clipped on either side without wearing out the pocket seam. The right front pocket has a concealed zipper pocket that runs the length of the pocket opening. This another great pocket for extra mags if you are a left handed shooter, or a pocket for a small carry weapon (preferably a backup or secondary weapon as you would have to unzip the pocket first to retrieve it, and would be wasting precious seconds), or valuable items such as a wallet.

My wife hates my 5.11 pants because they are 'too tactical," but she admittably likes these. So whether you are looking for an everyday carry pant or just need a range pant, give these a look. They are usually listed at $70, however, lapolicegear.com sells hem for $55. I purchased each pair for $33 through promotive.com, and if you have never heard of that site before, go check it out and see if you are lucky enough to qualify to participate, as they offer hundreds of different brands at some significant discounts, to include Aimpoint, Benchmade, Kershaw, Spyderco, SOG, 5.11, Vertx, Suunto, New Balance, etc.

Here is a couple photos:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of the pants and 2 pairs of the shorts. They are my absolute favorites! They have tons more room in the thigh than the 5.11 pants and they don't have those terrible slash pockets that let everything fall out and make it hard to conceal even an LCP. Just my $.02 YMMV

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they have more room in the thigh than the 5-11? My waist is 34, but my legs need a 38 in the 5-11

While I do believe they have a little more room in them then the basic 5.11, I don't know if it is significantly more to accommodate 4 inches like you described. Now what may be a benefit is that a size 34, which is what I got thinking it would be better for IWB, since I am a 33, they fit small like the 33 and would have probably benefited more with a 35. What I am trying to say is you are going to need a size larger than 34 to fit comfortably as they run small in the waist, which may be a benefit to you since you already are getting pants way bigger. They do run longer in length than my original 5.11, and I am 6'0 ft tall and they fit more like a 33 length than the 32 that I got.

I haven't tried the 5.11 Strike Pants yet, but if tactical look is ok for you, those may be a great option as they look pretty roomie in the legs.

Hope that helps.

rcnich

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they have more room in the thigh than the 5-11? My waist is 34, but my legs need a 38 in the 5-11

Yes, Vertx pants do have additional room in the thigh, compared to 5-11s. (I wear 5-11s for work) More room in the seat, so there's less chance of a seat seam "blowout" that I've seen other guys have with 5-11s.

I've been wearing Vertx for about 2 years now. They are my favorite pants, with lots of nice features -- without the silly straps and other useless tacticool junk.

I recommend them without reservation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom