• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Vietnam era US army duffel bags (the big ones)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Mine's up in the attic full of old crap from my Marine Corps days...along with an old sleeping bag one of my daughter's friend puked in at a slumber party the girls were having about 20 years ago. I guess I ought put that up for sale in the classifieds maybe.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
my seabag was ruined when a hot water tank leaked, garage flooded and nothing was salvage worthy. they were good storage tho, mine sat in a warehouse on Okinawa for 29 months, when i rotated out of country my uniforms just needed dry cleaning and they were good to go

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I still have mine that I got in AF basic in 1975.

I've also got my dads old issue footlocker. It has a brass plate on top.

"U.S.A.F. Sutterfield Trunk Co 1956"

When I was in middle school he came back from Vietnam and brought me an issue folding shovel/pick dated 1943.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my USAF Blue Duffle Bag with my AF serial number on it from 1961. I'll never forget the serial number even though they went to Social Security numbers. Talked to others and they still remember their AF Serial Number too. Can't figure out why we remember that, I guess it was drummed into our heads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom