Wannemachers Speculations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got home from it. Prices seemed fair on everything except the .22lr that apparently is made out of solid gold now.

We must have been looking for different things. Saw a pretty nice selection of stuff, but most of the stuff I was kind of hunting out was still way into panic-pricing. I didn't do much ammo shopping, but noticed some of it wasn't too bad (outside of .22lr). Worst part was seeing stuff I wanted to come back to, and then not being smart enough to remember the isle. Damn it.

OkieDon

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed. One claim to fame that Wannemacher shows have always had (at least since I can remember) is that they didn't allow junk and crap vendors in their shows. I saw quite a few jewelry dealers this time out. I guess they're just trying to fill some empty booth space, but I hate to see them stoop to that. Next thing you know, we'll be ducking those silly RC Helicopters in the aisles! Also ran into kids handing flyers in the aisles for water filters and other junk.

Also was disappointed in the lack of Custom Knife makers. Dozier was there as well as Mike Miller. But didn't see Coye and many others. Was good to see Jantz there, but they had a much smaller booth than the times I remember in the past.

Looked like there was ample ammo, except 22lr. But man o man, it was still up there. The highest priced ammo I saw was a box of 338 Lapua....for $150!!! Oh, let me get 10 boxes of that! :|

All in all I did enjoy myself. It was well worth my $10.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wayne Lapierre is walking around the show right now.
Me and the guys I was with got to meet, chat with, and shake his hand. He was definitely making the rounds.

Got me a sling and a few mags. Saw more lever guns than I ever thought existed. Saw a Marlin Camp 9...really wish I had the $$$ to part with so I could have brought it home with me.
My first Wannemacher...I'll definitely be going back up for ht next one.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a great time today! We sold some stuff and met some new faces to go with OSA screen names. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and introduced themselves. We were even blessed by JB Books presence! He was dressed like an avocado. Did anyone see him?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a great time. Did not buy a gun but purchased a new knife, A couple sets of dies A drag bag and a couple 8 pound jugs of powder. Some Barnes Bullets and that was about it. Saw some expensive 22lr and found some 350 rd boxes of federal auto match four $30. I didn't buy any though. Saw more seven STW's than normal and I Slick custom 257 STW. Saw hoov and met shooting for fun Who had the best deals on lowers and uppers I found at the show. Walked lots of miles it felt like. And my dealer buddies all thought sales were really slow today. Good luck everybody going tomorrow. Also I hope firearms sales pick up tomorrow.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is always at the top, so I figured I'd check it out to see what all the hoop la is all about. This thread is FTL! The one with the gifs is FTW!!!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great time today! We sold some stuff and met some new faces to go with OSA screen names. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and introduced themselves. We were even blessed by JB Books presence! He was dressed like an avocado. Did anyone see him?

you-talkin-to-me.jpg

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
22lr was high.
All guns coming down from the craziness levels.
The American Hogger chick is hot...(don't tell my wife I said that)

Latest posts

Top Bottom