Water filtration systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the LiveSaver bottle 6000 in my BOB. It can filter 1585 gallons per cartridge and holds 750ml.

How do you like it? I looked pretty hard at those before I picked up the Katadyn MyBottle. Main reason I picked it was because I needed it quick and would have taken too long to get LifeSaver delivered. Also note the charcoal needs to be changed every 250 liters, if desired result is filtering taste also.

ok_general

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like it? I looked pretty hard at those before I picked up the Katadyn MyBottle. Main reason I picked it was because I needed it quick and would have taken too long to get LifeSaver delivered. Also note the charcoal needs to be changed every 250 liters, if desired result is filtering taste also.

I have been really happy with it. I have only used it a couple times when out hiking or camping. I took water from a nasty muddy pond and it filtered it to crystal clear water that tasted like bottled water. I have not had to change the charcoal filter yet.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for giving your view on it. I think the carbon replacements are about $30 for 4 of them so that's not bad. I may have to pick one up for when the mybottle is ready for another filter change (does not take long). Like all things packable I just wish the lifesaver was lighter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom