Could this be a natural spring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my backyard there is a spot that stays green and grass tends to grow a little richer. I live on a ridge in a neighborhood where my piece of property has exposed sand stone and nutrient poor soil (all good soil has eroded downhill to the creek and draw areas). The spot that stays green is uphill of all water sources (well, septic) and at the peak of the ridge. Yet when the grass yellows from the summer heat, this patch will stay green. To add to this confusion, I also have a large, healthy cottonwood tree - near the top of the ridge, not in a creek or river bottom. I guess it's some sort of wierd pressure fussure.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well OP? Did it go dry yet?

It go dry yet?
Nope. All my other areas are bone dry. It’s still got a little puddle. I dug it up a bit more and the water started flowing again.

I got a stump bucket for my tractor, and I have about 200’ of unused 6” pipe. Im gonna run a couple perforated pipes across my yard from the area with the spring. Hopefully we can make the grasses really root down and help the drainage in our yard at the same time.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or a willow.
Got some very large cedars. The grass grows right up to the drip line. Looks like to me if cedars were that thirsty they would be sucking the moisture out where the grass is growing. Pushed out some large willows the water was running out of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom