Water well drilling and septic system recommendations? (North Central Okla.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to turn ten acres in western Payne County into a homesite. Have electric power but no other utilities. Suggestions on where to turn to get a well drilled and also to have a septic system installed appreciated. (Tips on entities to avoid welcome also.)

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a stellar experience today with Cyclone Septic out of Guthrie. We're having an issue and were told by several local (Ada area) companies that we needed an entirely new system.

I called Cyclone, Dawn (an owner of the company and DEQ certified) came out the next day and checked our system out, fully expecting to install a new system. After looking at our existing system and listening to our story about what was going on, she recommended a potential solution that will (we're hoping) save us thousands of dollars. She could've easily told us we needed a new system but didn't.

Dealing with her was one of the most positive customer service experiences I've had since moving here two years ago.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure where it fits into the process, but before buying the property, see if someone can do a "Perk Test" on the soil where you would want the septic tank and lateral lines to go. If it doesn't perk well, then one would probably have to go a more expensive route than just a septic tank and laterals.

I've seen people buy a property and end up having to go the more expensive way.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cyclone offers turn-key systems. Aerobic and anaerobic in addition to some other solutions.

They ballpark quoted me around $8500 for an entirely new system: install new tank, install new lateral lines, destroy and fill old tank, perc test...everything. It would've wound up being more because of our soil so an aerobic system might've been a better option.

As it was, after Dawn checked she set us up with an option that might take care of our issues for less than $1000...and she wasn't making a dime from it for her company.

Like I said... Top-notch, first-rate service. It's pretty rare these days.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Odds are your ground won’t perc test. I’m in noble county and there’s too much clay had to go with an aerobic system. 8750 installed used bill burns at B&c plumbing in Stillwater good guy to deal with. He was 6-10 weeks out when I did mine last summer. You’ll have to fill out a form from deq and the health dept. he emailed them to me to fill out and email back. As to the well talk to some neighbors and nrcs the wells around me are marginal at best. I spent an insane amount of money to get the rural water line extended to my property then had to spend another 10k in material to get from the meter to my house (I installed everything to my house and didn’t factor in my labor) but I have water and avg cost to drill a well was 10 grand as well. With no guarantee of success. Three attempts at a well would have cost what I paid to extend the main. Depending upon how close rural water is to you might want to consider calling your water district and getting a quote might be cheaper in the long run. FWIW my closest neighbors have two separate wells to run the house and garden/livestock and neither one drinks it or uses it for cooking so the choice was easier to get rural water. Nrcs will have some water table maps. Not trying to sound discouraging just honest road blocks we came across in trying to get our place set up.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to turn ten acres in western Payne County into a homesite. Have electric power but no other utilities. Suggestions on where to turn to get a well drilled and also to have a septic system installed appreciated. (Tips on entities to avoid welcome also.)
Not sure how far west but check with Dustin at advanced septic(918) 399-6290), he pumped my tank and diagnosed my line problem. I was very satisfied with his work and attitude.
https://aprestrooms.com/septic-and-aerobic-installations/

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I posted this yesterday but evidently failed so I'll try again. I've known the original owner since childhood and he was always honest. Located in Luther Okla. 7B4510BC-B667-45E6-A38B-9F89AE55E3B2.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D1D8285-5396-4133-8E66-31B56A91F391.jpeg
    8D1D8285-5396-4133-8E66-31B56A91F391.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The state will do perk tests for free. The OP just has to call and make an appointment. The state will test the water after drilling for a nominal fee if the sample is taken to OKC.
Your decision will rely on that test on which sanitation system you can use.
If you need a water well drilled, I recommend Roper Company LLC out of Fairfax Ok. 918-399-9142
He will travel to drill.
His company did the well at our gun range and has serviced our home water well after a couple of floods covered our well site. He knows what he is doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom