Water well drilling and septic system recommendations? (North Central Okla.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.
Dawn from Cyclone came out and conducted a soil test. While I still have to get an official permit, she is "100% certain" that a standard septic system will work on the site.
Driller witched the property using bent steel rods, and selected a location (well away from the proposed leach field!) with strong indications of underground water. Is he right? We'll find out in about three weeks.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.
Dawn from Cyclone came out and conducted a soil test. While I still have to get an official permit, she is "100% certain" that a standard septic system will work on the site.
Driller witched the property using bent steel rods, and selected a location (well away from the proposed leach field!) with strong indications of underground water. Is he right? We'll find out in about three weeks.

@MP43

Put the well where it will serve you and not a long ways from where it will be used. Don’t fall for the “steel rods”.
There are restrictions on the well being uphill and down hill of the septic. Follow them, and again put the well where it is convenient to its use.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@MP43

Put the well where it will serve you and not a long ways from where it will be used. Don’t fall for the “steel rods”.
There are restrictions on the well being uphill and down hill of the septic. Follow them, and again put the well where it is convenient to its use.

I appreciate that. The spot he selected by witching is "coincidentally" well-situated with respect to the proposed building and septic layout.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to turn ten acres in western Payne County into a homesite. Have electric power but no other utilities. Suggestions on where to turn to get a well drilled and also to have a septic system installed appreciated. (Tips on entities to avoid welcome also.)
Whatever you do . . . make sure you fight tooth and nail against an aerobic system. Have them add more lateral lines if need be, but an aerobic systems is most definitely not worth it.

I think Biggs installed our septic and well when our house was built, but we've been using Red Dirt Septic for service calls the last 15 years.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate that. The spot he selected by witching is "coincidentally" well-situated with respect to the proposed building and septic layout.

I have no knowledge of the Drillers in your area. My Family has Drilled over 100 years. Some insisted on “witching”. Pure silliness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom