Waterfowl 2017/2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I love the pics of your dog okie, he looks so mature!

Eight years old this month, mature but has never been real photogenic lol. Always has droopy ears for pics and seems like he's rolling his eyes at me when I tell him to sit for pics lol.

Nice hunt Okie, looks like you guys got into them pretty well. LOTS of geese in the state right now.
Anyone brave enough to be out there this morning?

So many geese and ducks yesterday, but they wanted to be on another part of the pond. Pond is almost 40 acres. We skipped out this morning, may try again tomorrow.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out yesterday morning. Had several groups circle, but then choose other ponds nearby. Took a drake mallard and teal while setup. Got to the birds within minutes of shooting and their feathers were already frozen stiff.

31c9173cec9afaea24c8d5ff47a30ed3.jpg

It was only the second time my buddy has duck hunted and it was cold! We picked up about 9 and checked the other ponds. Ended up with 2 ring neck, a double on wigeon and another mallard between the 2 of us.

Had to ring 3 of the birds necks to finish them and all 3 heads popped off. I've had one every now and then happen, but I wasn't being over aggressive yesterday. One started bleeding on my gun and I tried to wipe it off. Nope. Already frozen.

96d8a121c0445b20094d991d37bc1e9d.jpg

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like that SX4? Buddy of mine is having trouble with is new A5 and is thinking about going to a gas gun.
Can’t speak for the SX4 but my SX3 has been nothing but great. I kept pretty good round count records until last year at which time I had right at 5,500 shells through it. Sporting clays and lots of 3” and 3.5” loads from waterfowl. I love it to say the least and it’s my go to critter/snake killer. My brother has a Maxus and it’s basically a fully loaded version of the SX3. I’d love to try out an SX4 though to check out the improvements made.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
No experience with the 12g SX3 but my daughter started shooting trap with a 20g SX3 years ago and it's been flawless. From clays, to ducks, doves, dirt multiple kid usage, it's never let us down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom