"We"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you assisting Vermillion in the late 70s/early 80s?
I'm offended that you think that I am that old. Ok, I am not really offended. I was however in his principles office on more than one occasion as a student then. The guy sure could swing a paddle but what else would you expect from a baseball coach? I helped with the current football coach Jeff Craig back when Tracy Scott was his assistant. The rings are one for football in 2012 and the other three for powerlifting in 2013-2015 for a three peat.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are not a player on the team or one of the coaches of the team then you are not part of the we. If you use "we" to make a statement about a team you follow then you have probably never played an organized team sport in your life. :)

Ok, rant over.
Totally agree. Only exception, IMO, is you once played for said team. I really do hate when fans use 'we' if they have no association other than being a fan.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are not a player on the team or one of the coaches of the team then you are not part of the we. If you use "we" to make a statement about a team you follow then you have probably never played an organized team sport in your life. :)

Ok, rant over.
I get your point. I haven't had tv in about 14 years. I used to wrestle and box at Mikey's Gym back in the day...just a ham and egger, I've competitively arm-wrestled for a few years....starting at 50 (decent amateur/low level pro). Ran a half and full marathon and now I'm doing triathlons. I did 3 sprints so far and I'm signed up to do a half Ironman in Salem next July. I'm not fast at 58, but I am doing it. I'm even thinking about doing a full IM next year in AZ. I'm not against team sports, I just have no interest in watching from a couch, I rather play....oh yeh, run and guns are fun too.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm offended that you think that I am that old. Ok, I am not really offended. I was however in his principles office on more than one occasion as a student then. The guy sure could swing a paddle but what else would you expect from a baseball coach? I helped with the current football coach Jeff Craig back when Tracy Scott was his assistant. The rings are one for football in 2012 and the other three for powerlifting in 2013-2015 for a three peat.

Loved coach Scott. My kid was one of his favorites.

Lions have another shot at a ring next Thursday against Wagoner. Beer drinking buddy of mine’s son is the current DC. He had a good game plan against that wing T of Poteau tonight.

Go Lions!

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loved coach Scott. My kid was one of his favorites.

Lions have another shot at a ring next Thursday against Wagoner. Beer drinking buddy of mine’s son is the current DC. He had a good game plan against that wing T of Poteau tonight.

Go Lions!
I watched it on Blanchardlions.tv

Coach Scott and I worked a lot together bc at the time he was the powerlifting coach. I am the one who built their 8 squat racks. I do have 4 state rings from my time there. After I left in 2012 coach Scott would have me come back and help. 😊

Latest posts

Top Bottom