Woman's College Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Get over yourself for once lol...... how many OSU football players are from Oklahoma? How many kids from Oklahoma want to play for OSU?
7 on the 2023 roster are from Oklahoma. I’m sure there are many great high school players in OK that would love the opportunity to play for either team.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do all sports do walk ons? That's what Baker Mayfield did at OU. I know a guy that was a walk on LB at OSU. No scholarship and he got playing time. Also had an summer intern at work that was a starting LB at OU and got a pretty gnarly leg injury on TV. He initially walked on too. He was good but wasn't a superstar like Bosworth.

Maybe they could enroll and try out? Just spitballing here, I have no idea.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Do all sports do walk ons? That's what Baker Mayfield did at OU. I know a guy that was a walk on LB at OSU. No scholarship and he got playing time. Also had an summer intern at work that was a starting LB at OU and got a pretty gnarly leg injury on TV. He initially walked on too. He was good but wasn't a superstar like Bosworth.

Maybe they could enroll and try out? Just spitballing here, I have no idea.
Maybe. I don’tknow either. I get it that OU and all other teams recruit the best players they can find. Their softball program is second to none and anyone not wanting to play for them must have a very good reason not to. The problem is the girls who don’t get offers there often get offers at other schools and just enrolling at OU and trying to walk on if that’s even possible is giving up on the other offers.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So where are your comments about OSU? Just curious.
What comments would you like? 7 players on their roster are from Oklahoma. OSU girls made it to the World Series and got beat. I think OU girls have done a great job and the coach has recruited the best players in the US. I think it would be good if more Oklahoma girls had a chance to play for them.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What comments would you like? 7 players on their roster are from Oklahoma. OSU girls made it to the World Series and got beat. I think OU girls have done a great job and the coach has recruited the best players in the US. I think it would be good if more Oklahoma girls had a chance to play for them.

Oklahoma doesn't generally have a population big enough to support entire teams, so I just find your comment weird. I guess most people understand that successful D1 programs recruit from all over.

OSU was somewhat lucky to get into the series, they lost 10 out of their last 14 games.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oklahoma doesn't generally have a population big enough to support entire teams, so I just find your comment weird. I guess most people understand that successful D1 programs recruit from all over.

OSU was somewhat lucky to get into the series, they lost 10 out of their last 14 games.
If you read my posts I said I understand they recruit from all over just as other D1 programs do. I still think it would be good for more Oklahoma girls to be able to play at OU. Patti hosts a lot of young girl‘s teams and is an inspiring coach. Many of them dream of playing for her at OU. They had another great year. OSU did not play well. I would have loved to have seen them play in the finals but maybe next year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom