Weapons are not allowed at the Oklahoma State Fair.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^This. Feel free to conceal to get in the gates and then switch to open carry and let us know how entering a building that works out for you. My aim (hehe) when concealing a weapon on my person is to have it available if needed to protect myself and family, not be a test case.

Not sure I can make any sense at all of your logic, perhaps you conceal to get in, and continue to carry concealed when you enter the buildings. If you can't get in open carrying, you certainly can't get into the buildings open carrying.

This is the same concern that people express every year, for the past 8 years that I have been a member here, and the answer remains the same. Search the threads, you will find the official determination that the buildings are not legally off limits.

Regardless as others have stated, concealed, is concealed...

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was inviting you to be the test case. By statute, no one can restrict carry on the fairgrounds. As said, the issues is the buildings can be seen as covered under 2 sections of the law. You may want to have the fair association's board members search the forum for the 'official' determination as it seems they haven't gotten the memo.

I concealed today when I visited and rather enjoyed my half of a gyro and an Indian taco. Some friends actually brought it up when entering a building and my wife smirked at me.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was inviting you to be the test case. By statute, no one can restrict carry on the fairgrounds. As said, the issues is the buildings can be seen as covered under 2 sections of the law. You may want to have the fair association's board members search the forum for the 'official' determination as it seems they haven't gotten the memo.

I concealed today when I visited and rather enjoyed my half of a gyro and an Indian taco. Some friends actually brought it up when entering a building and my wife smirked at me.

It's a wonder that everyone survived. Crazy assed CC'rs.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spotted a few fellow carriers today...most printing through a pocket or, in the case of one guy wearing a BJJ shirt, printing through and sticking out the the bottom of a tshirt.

Nobody got killed and the cops weren't swarming on everyone carrying so I guess it ain't a big deal LOL....

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I want to do something, the question isn't whether it's "allowed"... it's "who's going to stop me?"

How's that song go they were singing out there Friday night? Carry on my wayward son...

Latest posts

Top Bottom