web sites that you can run serial numbers to check and see if there are any issues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
a friend of mine just called me asking. His son just bought one but has a suspicion that there maybe an issue. Any help would be appreciated!

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HE is in Colorado now visiting his kids, at this point i suggested taking it to the local PD and asking them to check. That all I could come up with

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing exist for non-cops. I thought it would be cool to have an app on your phone with an alpha/numerical stolen firearms serial numbers list. This way you could do an instant check when you're at a gun show or any other place buying a used firearm. I contacted the Tulsa PD, OSBI and FBI...yep they all thought is was nuts for even bringing such an idea up???!!!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's true, but its better than being convicted of possession of stolen property.

I think it's "knowingly concealing stolen property". If you knew it was stolen, then it shouldn't have been bought to begin with. If it's not knowingly stolen then he should be okay. That being said, if I think there's any chance it's been stolen,i walk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom