Weird Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was out back this morning and see this buck about 40 yds away. Standing under a tree like a statue. First thought was a doe was in lock down. I got the camera out for a pic and noticed he was acting odd. Then hit video and started walking towards it eventually getting about 7 yds from it. Then realized I hit stop on the video. He still hasn't ran off so I got the video on again. He seemed a little thin from the rut and had most of his tail stripped of hair and skin. It walked off slowly. About 5 mins later saw it again about 100 yds away. Walked up about 14 yards away and shot a 20 ga in the ground and it had NO reaction. I don't know what was wrong with it but something was.

Last edited by a moderator:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of them have concussions and fractures from fighting that makes them seem diseased. I think the department of wildlife has some info on it; I was reading something off there when I was looking for some other info. Quite a few people believe it's CWD but in real life it's a TBI.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was out back this morning and see this buck about 40 yds away. Standing under a tree like a statue. First thought was a doe was in lock down. I got the camera out for a pic and noticed he was acting odd. Then hit video and started walking towards it eventually getting about 7 yds from it. Then realized I hit stop on the video. He still hasn't ran off so I got the video on again. He seemed a little thin from the rut and had most of his tail stripped of hair and skin. It walked off slowly. About 5 mins later saw it again about 100 yds away. Walked up about 14 yards away and shot a 20 ga in the ground and it had NO reaction. I don't know what was wrong with it but something was.
He looks delicious to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom