Weird Sayings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my parents and other grown up folks used to always say, among other weird sayings, "By God, I'm gonna do ------ if it harelips the Governor". I have never figured out why one would want to cause the Governor to suddenly get a dang harelip anyway. I betcha Hillary would shizz a brick though if she woke up with one. What weird sayings do you remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet my eye teeth.. Sounded like that anyway.

Those old sayings were from people that worked for a living, in the hot sun too long.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Rub some tobacco spit on it."

I always love hearing people say, "I could care less." If you stop and think about it, what you're saying is that you have some amount of care over the subject, because if you could care less, then you must care some. Oughtta be "couldn't care less," which is a more accurate way of expressing that you have zero concern about a subject. Just always found it funny that people didn't even stop and think about or listen to what they were actually saying.

Mr. Bsa

Marksman
Reaction score
When talking about someone that has a lot of something, "He has more ______ than Carter has liver pills."

"Let me show you a trick I learned in the Navy." Even though whoever is saying it has never been in the navy.

When talking about someone being angry or being very attractive, "He was hotter than a 2 dollar pistol."

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Lord's willin' and the creek bank don't rise.

Hotter than a June bride on a feather bed.

On the Jesus trail.......(no more bad habits and going back to church)

Walking right and spittin' white........(no more bad habits-gambling-fighting chickens-chasing women....especially chewing tobacco-spittin' white)

Neater than sliced bread

Bless your heart or bless your little heart

Slicker than snot on glass

About as obvious as a diamond in a goats a**

Busier than a coon dog during mating season

*** I say this one a lot in Vegas....... when I hit a lucky streak on craps or win the pot/hand in poker*** ... Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while

Colder than a well digger's a**

Once in a blue moon

***My great uncle use to say this when I was little and playing with my cousins...we'd be throwing firecrackers at each other, throwing a tarantula on each other, jumping in the bull pen and running across it to see if the bull would chase you..........and other kid stuff.*** If he thought we'd get hurt....he'd yell;

It's gonna bite your head off!!!!!

Kicks like a mule

Heathen or back slider

My granddad use to say this A LOT when he'd bust his knuckles working with tools, the fence was down and cattle were running everywhere, the hay bailer screwed up, he'd miss hooking a fish....etc. I heard this from my granddad from the time I can first remember him to when he passed away.

I say it and now my wife uses it.

Damn it to Hell!!!

A few dirty ones....I'll omit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom