Well crap, it appears we have a water leak in the slab.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed low pressure yesterday. Today was worse.
Went to the well to watch the pressure with nothing open in the house. Bled down and kicked on the pump.
Had the wife close off the house valve.
Pressure was maintained. Open valve and had a large rush of water through the valve.
Came back to the house, turned off the valve, went to the kitchen sink and had no residual pressure, none.
Slab leak confirmed. Of course it’s the weekend but we still have enough pressure to get to Monday. Not paying weekend plumbing prices. Going to be expensive enough as it will be with weekday prices.
I have messaged a couple of plumbers without responses yet. Don’t expect any until Monday.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are fun! You have two choices unless you have a basement or crawl space. Attic run or concrete removal. Make double sure the insulate the crap out of it in the attic and down the wall or it will burst too.

Ask me how I know. I have had two. My neighbor across the street has that slab leak van about every month.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are fun! You have two choices unless you have a basement or crawl space. Attic run or concrete removal. Make double sure the insulate the crap out of it in the attic and down the wall or it will burst too.

Ask me how I know. I have had two. My neighbor across the street has that slab leak van about every month.
If I ever build a house from scratch all of the plumbing will be accessible one way or another. I don't understand why it's done the way it is.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went through that at one of our old homes.
Long and the short of it we got lucky with a great plumber and great insurance agent. $65K later we had 100% new plumbing and 95% new sewer (they also found a significant problem in the direction the builder thought sewer would run, uphill). We also basically got new remodel of all 3 bathrooms and our kitchen because of the demo to fix it. Plumber was cool and kept at least 1 toilet, sink, and shower going for us at all times so we were able to stay in the house. Cost me personally $500.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noticed low pressure yesterday. Today was worse.
Went to the well to watch the pressure with nothing open in the house. Bled down and kicked on the pump.
Had the wife close off the house valve.
Pressure was maintained. Open valve and had a large rush of water through the valve.
Came back to the house, turned off the valve, went to the kitchen sink and had no residual pressure, none.
Slab leak confirmed. Of course it’s the weekend but we still have enough pressure to get to Monday. Not paying weekend plumbing prices. Going to be expensive enough as it will be with weekday prices.
I have messaged a couple of plumbers without responses yet. Don’t expect any until Monday.
My experience with Oklahoma plumbers is that if you call three only one will call you back, and that one won’t be able to get to you for 3-4 weeks. I wish you better luck than I had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom