Well crap, it appears we have a water leak in the slab.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we lived south Houston, house had water lines run in attic. Any leak becomes apparent quickly. May be easier to get at, but mess is still mess.

Good, reliable help in plumbing is much like any of the trades these days. Good luck.

Not much help in your location, but when I called, last Spring. They were here the next day and they were reasonably priced, got the job done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an update.
I was looking out the kitchen window this morning and saw a wet spot in a bare patch of ground where our pool used to be before I took it out.
WTF? Surely the water line didn't go out that far before coming into the house.
HMMMM, seems the person filling the birdbath left the garden hose on full blast and forgot to turn it off.
The birdbath and a tub under it for the fawns is what the deer are drinking from, draining it almost daily.
Again, I won't mention any names as I don't want her to see this and think I outed her. :kiss:
It's been so dry and our soil so sandy that the water from the hose just went into the ground until it saturated and finally showed a wet spot in the only place it could be seen.
The nightmare of locating a leak in the slab is left for another day.
Thanks all for the suggestions and support!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have an update.
I was looking out the kitchen window this morning and saw a wet spot in a bare patch of ground where our pool used to be before I took it out.
HMMMM, seems the person filling the birdbath left the garden hose on full blast and forgot to turn it off.
The birdbath and a tub under it for the fawns is what the deer are drinking from, draining it almost daily.
Again, I won't mention any names as I don't want her to see this and think I outed her. :kiss:
It's been so dry and our soil so sandy that the water from the hose just went into the ground until it saturated and finally showed a wet spot in the only place it could be seen.
I wouldn't say a word other than you think you figured out where the leak was and it turns out it was an easy fix 🤣🤣🤣.

Criticism averted and makes you the hero, a double win!

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an update.
I'm glad I was able to help out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't say a word other than you think you figured out where the leak was and it turns out it was an easy fix 🤣🤣🤣.

Criticism averted and makes you the hero, a double win!
I can't imagine the embarrassment of a plumbing crew coming out Monday and turning off the hose bib.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May I suggest that tomorrow you wake up and start making a lot of noise and under your breath comments about how difficult it is to locate the problem. Make sure you drag it out. After you tell tell her that you repaired it, you may get some homemade chocolate chip cookies.
She doesn't bake. I'm the head chef in this crib.

Latest posts

Top Bottom