Well, it’s not a black mountain lion..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
10 or 12 years ago I found some tracks on my lease. I took some pics with my cheesy little flip phone using my hand as a size reference. The track was about as big as my palm. The game warden used every excuse in the book. One was that it was a wild dog that had worn its claws down. 2 weeks later a big full page article came out in the paper saying we have them in all 77 counties.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw one from a stand several years ago near Little River in Seminole County. About a 1/4 of a mile from where I got game camera pictures of a black bear . . .

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same situation about 12 years ago back home in Pratt Kansas. We seen some tracks, took decent pictures and contacted KDWP. The Game Warden I've known for well over 25 years gave me every excuse in the book. Even claimed people had made the tracks to stir people up. 2 weeks later, local paper posted an article about farmers having day or two old calfs being killed and drug off. Farmer killed one and had it on the tailgate of his truck with the same game warden. Warden was quoted as saying "We have had them for years in this area"

Wondering if they are told to deny everything like the military does?

Mountain lions in Oklahoma = UFOs . . . makes perfect sense. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom