Well, this is strange.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks ok to me.

1657950452719.png

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After further inspection I am beginning to think it might be a non-concentric bore. With the bolt out and a laser (cat toy type, not a bore sight) it seems to point to the right when i try to center it. I know this is not conclusive as it could just be how I'm holding the laser, but, well, maybe?

The offset sight annoys the crap out of me, but missing my target would annoy me even more, so offset it stays...

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely the bore is not in the center of the barrel, This is not uncommon in less expensive firearms. This condition is usually up or down and is not noticed by most people. With modern equipment when the outside 0f the barrel to turned to final configuration , the bore is much more centered.
This was my thoughts also. I have seen .22 barrels cut in half the long way where the bore was way off to the o.d. of the barrel but, looked centered at the muzzle.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when I was in CLEET many, many years ago, I was carrying a Smith and Wesson model 681. That's an L framed, fixed sight revolver (for those that didn't know).

It kept shooting to the left, and one of the line instructors kept saying I had too much finger on the trigger. I adjusted my trigger pull, same results.

So the instructor fired it a few times, and it hit left for him as well. So he said, "let's take it to the shop so the smitty can sight it in."

So I'm thinking 'this is a fixed sight gun...how are they gonna sight it in?' :scratch:

So I give it to the smitty, he pounds on the barrel a few good whacks with a miniature baseball bat :yikes2: and then it shoots just fine, dead center after that.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when I was in CLEET many, many years ago, I was carrying a Smith and Wesson model 681. That's an L framed, fixed sight revolver (for those that didn't know).

It kept shooting to the left, and one of the line instructors kept saying I had too much finger on the trigger. I adjusted my trigger pull, same results.

So the instructor fired it a few times, and it hit left for him as well. So he said, "let's take it to the shop so the smitty can sight it in."

So I'm thinking 'this is a fixed sight gun...how are they gonna sight it in?' :scratch:

So I give it to the smitty, he pounds on the barrel a few good whacks with a miniature baseball bat :yikes2: and then it shoots just fine, dead center after that.

On skeet range, instructor coaching a teen. He was missing a bunch. His hits were usually a pellet or 2.
Instructor lays the shotgun on the ground. Puts 2 bags of shot on top of the buttock. Another bag under the barrel. Then drops a bag on muzzle.

Kid started smoking targets.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leave that 22 alone Catt!

I own a magical Pistol. Well over a dozen men and 4 lady’s have outshot themselves with it against their own Pistol. No explanation suffices. It just does it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom