Went Hunting for the First Time Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a pistol for daily carry for a while and an AR I use simply for fun shooting but hunted for the first time in my life yesterday. I'll be 33 yrs old later this month and lived in OK all my life never went hunting. Went on a goose hunt. Got 3 Canadian geese and had the absolute time of my life.

I've got to get a shotgun now and sell some stuff or save up for some decoys and gear. It's like crack cocaine. Tried it once and I'm hooked. I already talked to someone today about hunting their ponds next year and picked up a book on duck and goose decoy layouts and calling. I'll try to tag along on a couple more hunts before this season expires completely then start learning and preparing for next season. Can't wait! I freakin' love it.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brother, it is worse than crack cocaine! Sorry :( You're screwed now. Evidence is that you are already thinking about selling some stuff to get hunting stuff. You're reading books about decoy layouts. When was the last time your read a book?

Welcome!!! You'll have some of the best times of your life while freezing your a$$ off in the woods, in a blind (deer and waterfwowl) with grungy, unshaven men. Vehicles stuck in mud. Calling friends to ask for help tracking a deer .. .getting calls asking for help tracking a deer. Talking to strangers in cafes in small towns about litlle critters.

p.s. You might need to start looking for a part-time summer job to finance your fall and winter hunting.

Good luck,
Dreaming Man

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First hunt and no pics?

Pics or it didn't happen.

1. Be safe
2. Have fun
3. Forget saving for a shotgun, you can borrow those. You need to save for the lifetime hunting
License.
4. Make sure to share your New found passion with as many people as you can. The more people that hunt the more likely it will continue Damn PETA.
5. Take a kid too.

Congrats on sharing our hunting heritage!

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK OK Here's the Pics :-) Got some decoy anchors yesterday and keeping my eye out for more stuff too. Already been talking to folks I know who have land with ponds or fields to hit them up for permission to hunt ducks and geese next season :-D

Geese.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on getting into the sport! You will have something you can do for the rest of your life. Don't get caught up in the "gotta have that" to be sucessful. Go hunt and enjoy yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom