Went to Heartland today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Heartland for the first time today. Nice range and nice folks. Not near as crowded as H&H. Got chatting with another shooter and he let me and a friend shoot his AR. Now I want one.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lane rental at Heartland in $15 for first person, $7.50 for each additional
Lane rental at H&H is $10 for first person, $8.50 for each additional.

Heartland gun rental is $10.00 per gun (No Class III)
H&H is $9 for non class III firearms, $20 for class III firearms.

Rates vary for LEO, Military etc..

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's always cheaper for me to go to Heartland, bc i live 2 miles from it. By the time I drive to H&H in my big 'O' 'Merican made pickup, I saved that in gas. I don't see H&H being any cheaper than Heartland...and vice versa.

It has to be something specific I'm looking for, but I wouldn't spend the gas, time and money on it. If I llived near H&H, I would say the same thing....however i would never shop Gunworld if I lived in the same parking lot. They are price-gouging criminals at the expense of our troops. IMO

I'll never forget the price on 100 rds of CCI in .22lr. back in feb. Orange sticker of $36.85. I peeled off that sticker when he wasn't looking and it said $24.95. No other sticker under that, so that led me to believe that was their normal price and the gouge price was the $36. I get Capitalism, but that crap is just wrong.

and oh.. rant off

glad you enjoyed heartland, Cleo and David are really nice guys and knowledgeable.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch out for weekends because theres been a few times I went and found myself the 15th person on the waiting list. And the cost is ok with me, unlike HH heartlands range has AC. Last time I went to HH it was the dead of summer and there range had to be 15-20 degrees hotter than it was outside and it was around 100 outside!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're looking at range membership; the last time I asked at Heartland they were more than twice the cost of H&H membership, and you still had to pay range fee!
No thanks.

The heat and air would be nice though.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heartland is our normal warm weather range since H&H is unbearable 6 months out of the year. When it's warm we go to Heartland and when it's cool we go to H&H. We haven't been to Heartland since the fire (their new everyone must have ID is a pain since I often don't have mine unless I'm driving) but pre-fire it was always nice and cool in there. You didn't leave with a black nose like you do at H&H and the staff is always really nice.

If H&H ever put in an effective cooling and ventilation system they would do a lot more business. Earlier this year I was shooting at H&H and there was a staff guy there teaching a new person how to shoot in the lane next to us. The new guy asks the staff member if the range is air conditioned and ventilated and he says "yes, it's fully air conditioned and has a constant ventilation to keep the air clean in here". I didn't say anything to the new guy when he was alone but I imagine he got a nasty surprise if he ever came back in the heat.

Both places have their pro's and con's but good people at both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom