Went to the dunes today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little Sahara State Park. I love going there.
Camped there in Boy Scouts in the 60’s and been going every since.
Real camels used to roam the dunes, but some tree hugger determined that the noise was going to harm their hearing and sue’d the state, getting them removed.
Rode about 4 hours and headed home.
If you have an atv, UTV, or dirt bike, it’s a fun place to visit. Jeeps with roll bars as well.

e1a3a3d015622d411a18725b040ebdf0.jpg

03f6209cb5df3171c011af0f02f4da24.jpg

e04339278fe6519e8572ff5b77ac6919.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Born and raised in Enid, we were at the dunes often. I remember when the state had the big buggies that would take you on a ride for 3 bucks. We had a sand rail, Honda Odysseus, three wheelers, four wheelers,etc. the place is a blast, glad you had fun Dennis. I can't wait to get back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born and raised in Enid, we were at the dunes often. I remember when the state had the big buggies that would take you on a ride for 3 bucks. We had a sand rail, Honda Odysseus, three wheelers, four wheelers,etc. the place is a blast, glad you had fun Dennis. I can't wait to get back.
I remember the big buggy's with the aircraft balloon tires.
If you drive around Waynoka there are still a couple of them rusting in some yards.
Insurance drove them out of business I hear.
The same demographics of off road vehicles were there today. Three Wheelers, one Odyssey, a ton of dirt bikes, as well as the 4 wheelers Jeeps and UTV's.
None of the big time $100,000 dune blasters there though.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of fun camping and riding ATV's with the family. The Banshee I had was quick, but nothing like my buddies Quadzilla 500. Don't bounce very good these days and have not been there in years.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to go there back in the 90's when I had a rail buggy, was tons of fun. Going out at night was like being on the moon or something.
But just a few years ago the wife and I rented a side-by-side from Stewarts and they gigged my credit card for over $1000 for damage we didn't do.
I fought it till it wasn't worth the headache, and just chalk it up to life sucks sometimes.
Really soured me on the whole scene though.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to take my Jeep up there, but I'm afraid I'd end up breaking something important. One of these days I hope to have a couple of ATVs to take up there. It looks like so much fun.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to go a lot back in the 80's with a buddy that had a couple 3 wheelers. Never taken my 4 wheelers tho, always heard its so crowded on weekends any more you'll get run over even with a flag

Latest posts

Top Bottom