Westboro Baptist Church to be in Edmond, Ok August 11, 2011 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i watched a documentary on WBC and just keep one thing in mind (i am in NO WAY defending anything they do), but the people that are really "wrong" don't come to these protests, unfortunetly the children and some brainwashed women do.. it actually made me "compassionate" towards some of the children, as i watched a 7 year old get hit in the face with a cup, and all the children staring at their mom as drivers told her to F off. They are similar to Islamic groups where people like bin laden sends everyone else to do all the dirty work, while he sits at a nice compound and does nothing!! But some of these "protesters" are innocent kids...

awww.mediaite.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_01_westboro_baptist_church_drones_church_300x205.jpg

Yep. I'm not sure how that isn't considered child abuse. There was a story a couple of years ago about a kid whose parents bought him a Hitler/Swastika cake for his 7th birthday who ended up in child protective services because of it. While I'm not sure I really condone raising your child as a neo-nazi, I think what's happening in the picture above is much worse.

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm usually a fairly laid-back person. But when it comes to these folks, they really get my goat. My first Patriot Guard ride was to a funeral where WBC appeared to protest. Incredible how much joy they seem to get out of their protests. Some grieving soul will end up in jail because of these idiots when they lose control and take matters into their own hands.
I'd like to be ride captain to lead the group of protestors when Reverend Phelps passes away. Wonder if they will have the same feelings regarding protesting when it's one of their own being mocked and ridiculed.
I can't imagine the pain and suffering they inflict on families of fallen heroes. That is a strange God they worship.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am interested to know if we have any eye witness accounts yet of how things went. Sorry about the late notice, I only heard about it last night. I really would have liked to have been there. I've met 3 of the Patriot Guard while out here on the road. All three were truck drivers like me. One of them carried his motorcycle with him on the road just so he could go to the funerals of fallen soldiers. He had a really cool rack built on his cat-walk (area behind cab of tractor and the front of the trailer) where he stored his bike. Super cool guy. I'm glad they are out there, I wish there wasn't a need for them to be out there.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
awww.mediaite.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_01_westboro_baptist_church_drones_church_300x205.jpg

Yep. I'm not sure how that isn't considered child abuse. There was a story a couple of years ago about a kid whose parents bought him a Hitler/Swastika cake for his 7th birthday who ended up in child protective services because of it. While I'm not sure I really condone raising your child as a neo-nazi, I think what's happening in the picture above is much worse.

Without intervention of some sort, how will these innocent children be any different from the hate spewing filth that is raising them, in 10 years?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm usually a fairly laid-back person. But when it comes to these folks, they really get my goat. My first Patriot Guard ride was to a funeral where WBC appeared to protest. Incredible how much joy they seem to get out of their protests. Some grieving soul will end up in jail because of these idiots when they lose control and take matters into their own hands.
I'd like to be ride captain to lead the group of protestors when Reverend Phelps passes away. Wonder if they will have the same feelings regarding protesting when it's one of their own being mocked and ridiculed.
I can't imagine the pain and suffering they inflict on families of fallen heroes. That is a strange God they worship.

The only God this bunch worships is the almighty dollar. They do this crap hoping someone will do something to "violate their rights" so that they can sue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom