What animal made this track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait till your dog gets sprayed then the wife lets it into the house and it runs all over rubbing on everything trying to rub off the stink. I slept in my shop for 3 days because I couldn't stand to be in the house. Finally found some stuff at the vet that worked to get the smell out. Mixed it with water in a yard sprayer and sprayed the whole house, after it dried the smell was gone.Found a formula on the net that worked on the dog, all I remember is it used hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, tomato juice barely made a dent. An experience I will never forget.

Now I keep a live trap and catch the durn things before the above can happen again. A 22 puts it lights out and dump out back well away from the house. Oh, don't believe it when you hear a shot to the head will keep them from spraying. Have never had one that didn't spray when shot no matter where it was hit.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're a skunk, now is the time to make the love. Millions of Pepe Le Pews out there looking to settle down and start a family. Maybe they want to make friends with your dog and nest in your garage. Who can blame them? Who are we to judge?

The tomato juice thing is a rural legend.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog got sprayed and came in the house for about 5 minutes before I got her back out. We had to ozone the house for two days and have the carpets shampooed before it was tolerable again.

vet had to wash the dog for us. No other shampoo or tomato juice or baking soda or anything worked.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait till your dog gets sprayed then the wife lets it into the house and it runs all over rubbing on everything trying to rub off the stink. I slept in my shop for 3 days because I couldn't stand to be in the house. Finally found some stuff at the vet that worked to get the smell out. Mixed it with water in a yard sprayer and sprayed the whole house, after it dried the smell was gone.Found a formula on the net that worked on the dog, all I remember is it used hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, tomato juice barely made a dent. An experience I will never forget.

Now I keep a live trap and catch the durn things before the above can happen again. A 22 puts it lights out and dump out back well away from the house. Oh, don't believe it when you hear a shot to the head will keep them from spraying. Have never had one that didn't spray when shot no matter where it was hit.
Trapped a zillion of them. Shot with everything from subsonic .22, 12 ga, and 30-06. They alway spray before dying.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're a skunk, now is the time to make the love. Millions of Pepe Le Pews out there looking to settle down and start a family. Maybe they want to make friends with your dog and nest in your garage. Who can blame them? Who are we to judge?

The tomato juice thing is a rural legend.
Tomato juice is for red beer's not removing the skunk stank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom