What are employers YOU KNOW doing about upcoming Affordable Care Act changes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else know of employers cutting employees back to 30 hours or less in order to keep from having to offer insurance coverage?? Since I posted this, I've heard of several pretty decent-sized local employers doing this. Just wondering if what I'm seeing is the exception, the norm, or something in-between?

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every year we since, we have experienced a reduction coverage while copays, deductibles and premiums all increased.

Yep. Our premiums have now increased more than our income over the same time period, even though we've taken a lower-cost plan.

Anyone else know of employers cutting employees back to 30 hours or less in order to keep from having to offer insurance coverage?? Since I posted this, I've heard of several pretty decent-sized local employers doing this. Just wondering if what I'm seeing is the exception, the norm, or something in-between?

New hires for most major retailers are all now 30 hours or less, and they juggle the daylights out of employee schedules to make sure nobody hits the magic number.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You went from 6 individual personal carriers to 4.... to 3.... now to there are 2 carriers signing personal policies in Oklahoma. United and BCBS..... of which United has threatened to pull out of Oklahoma. That will leave BCBS only as the sole choice for individual plans. So you're screwed if you have no access to benefits through your employer. The ACA has created a near monopoly here in less than 5 years.

Oh and Donald's plan, looks nothing like universal healthcare.
I wish United would pull out. They suck. I have it through my job and bcbs through my wife. But I might as well not have my wife and son on my policy because the deductibles are so out of hand there is no way they will ever be met. I use my wife's policy more than I do my own. My dad is retired and used to have united. He hated it too. But his company just switched to bcbs of Tennessee and he said it is just as bad.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish United would pull out. They suck. I have it through my job and bcbs through my wife. But I might as well not have my wife and son on my policy because the deductibles are so out of hand there is no way they will ever be met. I use my wife's policy more than I do my own. My dad is retired and used to have united. He hated it too. But his company just switched to bcbs of Tennessee and he said it is just as bad.

Keep in mind, I'm talking about individual coverage, not group. But yeah, United sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom